What is the daftest thing anyone has asked you...

antarmike

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this one when I'm out in my saracen:

Joe: "Don't F*****g cal me a bloody liar!, I fought for my Queen and country in them, against the jerries, I drove them, and repaired them.....bloody youth of today, think they know it all!"

Dont you just love 'Certain' members of the public? :nut:

If I get one who pi**es me off, i say: 'Look, I died in the war for people like you. So you have the freedom to come along & criticise my Display incorrectly'! That usualy confuses them. Some even go away slightly amused!.....:-D

There is another side to this subject and that's the daft things some MV owners say about their own vehicles! to name a few I've heard...

"Yeah it went ashore on D-Day"

"It's the only one ever made/only one left"

"I fully rebuilt it,it's completely original"

It's hardly surprising that members of the public ask daft questions when you consider the cr&p they are fed in school,on TV and through video games concerning the second world war.

Not a ? but a stupid remark.Was sat in a pub on leave one dinnertime havin a pasty and a pint.The landlord asked how long i was home for.Next to me was one of the local biffs who was half cut.He remarked when he was in the army they used to parachute 2 x chiefy's out of the back of a C130 Herc.Then he asked me what Reg i was and what i did.So i told him......Royal Tank Regiment and i was a driver.Oh,sorry i can't chat says he i have to be somewhere and left rather fast.

It's hardly surprising that members of the public ask daft questions when you consider the cr&p they are fed in school,on TV and through video games concerning the second world war.

Many don't know the name of the Prime Minister at the time, all they know about is that confounded dog:argh:

Thought that we could have a variation on this theme, What is the daftest thing that has happened to you when you have been driving your MV on the roads.

Mine was when I worked as a civilian driver at a local Army Camp, I was on my way to I think Colchester, I was driving (well sitting actually) in a Bedford RL & was being towed by a Scammell, we had just arrived at the bottom of StokenChurch Hill on the old A40,when this numpty in a car, decided that he could just squeeze inbetween me and the Scammell, right at the last minute he noticed the A Bar, shame really I would have loved to have gone over the top of him, wonder what he would have put on the Insurance Form.:whistle::drive::banghead:

Don't peole just love hitching a ride on your tow. Best for me was sudden squael of brakes at roundabout. Looked back to see a driver, still on their mobile phone, with a twenty five pounder barrel half way down their bonnet. Thats why the bus vidio had me rolling on the floor. :D

Thought that we could have a variation on this theme, What is the daftest thing that has happened to you when you have been driving your MV on the roads.

Mine was when I worked as a civilian driver......................shame really I would have loved to have gone over the top of him......................:whistle::drive::banghead:

"Over the top of him!!" yep been there, done that!! Osnabruck 1988/9 Active Edge Call out one morning. Regimental convoy on the way to Achmer Training Area, all lights on etc. German clown in Mercedes is overtaking convoy, but has to cut in in front of me when another car comes the other way. I am driving a fully loaded Militant with trailer. No chance of stopping in time, went straight up the boot and onto the roof. German driver well shaken, but ok, his nice Mercedes was a right off. Scratched the paint on the Militants bumper, much laughter all round

I've lost count of the times people ask me why I've taken the driven front axle off the militant (which is 6x4), as militant's were all 6x6 don't you know..

people ask me why ive removed the undriven front axle from my militant and replaced it with a driven one , i didnt but grampian council did when they rebuilt lt for snow plow work 0859 395 6x6 militant ;)

.................................would you like to pay the entrance fee for displaying your vehicle?

... ha,ha, now THAT is a funny one, and rather cheeky of show organizers!.... but sadly all too true these days!

Thruxton about 10 years ago i think.....

two guys checking out the gear in the back of my dads 2A lightweight for a good 15 minutes, quietly muttering to each other, walking around and around the vehicle ensuring they are not mistaken as to what the item in the back is.

The brave one happily told me that it must some sort of mobile radar system with the exciting grin on the face..................................

unfortunately i shattered that look when i informed them it was our gas BBQ!!!!:rotfl::rotfl: (a large one at that!) still makes me laugh.

Not so much asked as told..

At last years GDSF a chap pointed to one of the bar grips on my Matador and stated with confidence "That tyre's illegal". "Oh", said I, genuinely concerned, "what's the matter with it?" ..... "The tread pattern doesn't go across the whole width". I lost interest.

He must have been very busy that week if every similarly equipped vehicle got the same treatment.

Many don't know the name of the Prime Minister at the time, all they know about is that confounded dog:argh:

At xmas we were talking about things that define Britishness whether it be past or present ie concorde etc. Well i asked my 13 year old niece to think of something and after some thought, quite straight faced she confidently said.....Hitler!!! I didnt know whether to laugh or cry!

What do they teach them in school these days?!!

Apologies for not being MV related!

Puffs boyfriend here ex RAF gripper of the leckie sort. Was called out one night to a ground power unit that had sheared the water pump shaft and thrown the fan through the radiator. Was asked if it would do it again. Replied "well not that one anyway". Not related but while crewing a steam roller the MOP was heard to say I wondered how you took the front roll out to clean the boiler tubes! Was also asked to roll some muddy grass on a rally site before the tractors were going to go across it. What are tractors for again?

Thruxton about 10 years ago i think.....

two guys checking out the gear in the back of my dads 2A lightweight for a good 15 minutes, quietly muttering to each other, walking around and around the vehicle ensuring they are not mistaken as to what the item in the back is.

The brave one happily told me that it must some sort of mobile radar system with the exciting grin on the face..................................

unfortunately i shattered that look when i informed them it was our gas BBQ!!!!:rotfl::rotfl: (a large one at that!) still makes me laugh.

PMSL:rotfl::rotfl: that is brilliant