Military Fodens

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, whoever m109a3 is, not that I have a clue, yes I was, you were obviously there?

Do you have a picture of that event?

I dearly would like a picture of that train.

Come on, fess up, even if it is in a pm, who is ya?

R

Knotty's the name you remember had a shop van after selling my Ferret to Jim:)

I'm sure I have a piccy somewhere only a photo though so will have to be scanned in.

I guess your keeping well? And still playing with Military stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeh go on post the pics I didn't see them, sad way for Foden to go.

My apolagies for taking so long in uploading this pic recymech66, this Foden is on the cast park in Canada

P6020015.jpg

My apolagies for taking so long in uploading this pic recymech66, this Foden is on the cast park in Canada [ATTACH=CONFIG]36546[/ATTACH]

Cheers for posting, shame they are left to rot. mine is still parked opposite my hanger slowly getting worse, it's going to be carted off somewhere soon as it's cast.

I own Marios old Foden, she has 340bhp and Fuller Gearbox, Pulls like a train.[ATTACH=CONFIG]35992[/ATTACH]

Oh No you don't, its mine now, well once we sort the gearbox and I have paid you for it, it is...

My plan for the old girl is to fit an auto box like the S26 drops, a monster winch, already to go on and maybe a HIAB...something like a 7 or 8 ton jobbie, but first its the gearbox...I am getting lazy in my old age...

I do think the FODEN drops though is the coolest truck on the scene right now. (even though I am now the proud owner of a scammel DROPS...ooh will collect next week...am excited) Likely I will use my new foden to drive up to Sammys at A&S who is repairing my two stalwarts...

Hi Chaps, my Foden Gun Limber 6x6 is regretfully up for sale, interested parties, please PM me.

Its on the road, runs and drives fine, has two living boxes, one fitted as a full kitchen/ shower with cooker two fridges sink etc and the other as a bedroom, I still have the drop sides. The hiab picks the boxes up and a land rover, comes with recon 9 speed g/box in a crate spare wheel and tyres and lots of other stuff.

May do a deal on a clean RB44 winch or WHY?

Cheers Simon

1280065927018.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Some picture to make you cry!!!

Taken last year only out from ABRO 2 weeks:cry:

I know WH Recovery from Crawley recovered it,if i remember off hand it happened at Copthorn just off of the Crawley - East Grinstead road,he d hooked up to something to tow,forgot to set the handbrake and jumped out the cab to connect the red air line to the casualty,the rest as they say is history.Mind you usually popping the red (or emergency line) back off if it had a dead weight on it would have stopped it in its tracks!! The rest as they say is history.

• 1 month later...
Some picture to make you cry!!!

Taken last year only out from ABRO 2 weeks:cry:

Got the full story about this accident from the company that recovered it (WH Motors from Crawley)

The accident happened on the access road to Redhill (Surrey) TA centre,so this poor old Fodens been "terryfied!" He had hooked up to a trailer with airbrakes,went to pull away and the trailer handbrake was on,he jumped out of the cab to release the trailer handbrake but forgot to apply the main park brake on the Foden.He released the trailer brake,and being on a hill,gravity took over,if you look at the bank you can see where it ran up it,before rolling over.As you can see it ripped the front axle right out of it,this had to be removed before it was righted.Apparently it was a hell of a job to upright it,due to the width of the road.It was recovered back into the TA centre and the army removed it themselves,unfortunatly replacing it with another one!! Why am i surrounded by amateurs!!

Great to see more fodens are the 8x4 tankers? or what sort of body did they have. MY TUB

I remember passing this Foden going north on the M40 after last years War and Peace,i was driving an artic with a 16 foot high trailer and he wasn t far off that,bet he had to take it easy cornering with the centre of gravity so high,i d be a tad nervous pulling the flat rack back on too,a case of you can never have enough chains and straps!!! Nice to see one in civvi hands.Also saw a few days later one with a box body on it with the whole lot painted orange,also north bound on the M40. Fair old bit of kit,not for the faint hearted!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

it certainly needs something as changing gear is a pig, it crunches like an old crash box nearly, once she is running and warm things get easier but I suspect something is wrong with the box, was thinking of putting the auto box out of the leyland daf ,as there are a few about...but its a bit too much of a job for my gang right now...so I think a simple bit of adjustment for now before I go on the trail of a new box....the lights are bad and the speedo broken, all will be sorted in the next few weeks...

it certainly needs something as changing gear is a pig, it crunches like an old crash box nearly, once she is running and warm things get easier but I suspect something is wrong with the box, was thinking of putting the auto box out of the leyland daf ,as there are a few about...but its a bit too much of a job for my gang right now...so I think a simple bit of adjustment for now before I go on the trail of a new box....the lights are bad and the speedo broken, all will be sorted in the next few weeks...

I have both 9 and 15 speed Fullers which will go straight in there to replace that horible Foden unit, PM me if interested.

John.

I have both 9 and 15 speed Fullers which will go straight in there to replace that horible Foden unit, PM me if interested.

John.

no mine now has an eaton 4 over 4...but there is serious problems with it..I want to change, a 9 speed fuller would be ideal I reckon...with pto? what price...

no mine now has an eaton 4 over 4...but there is serious problems with it..I want to change, a 9 speed fuller would be ideal I reckon...with pto? what price...

Dont mind me asking whats the problem with it is it you cant get on with it or its a mechanical thing