Hi all,

Just a quick inivitation if anyone is in my neck of the woods and has a military motorcyle - any type, any era, the more unusual/rare the better!

You may have seen some of the recent Ian Allan books that Pat Ware (ex-CMV Ed) has authored - Land Rovers, Harleys, Red Ball, etc - and theres another one in the pipeline on bikes.

If anyone fancies the possiblity of getting their bike in print then PM me and maybe we can get together and take a few snaps. We did this last year for the Harleys book and I think it went well. I'm in Kent, so anywhere surrey/sussex/kent/london woud be ok. Theres no guarantee they'll end up in the book as its down to the Editor what they use, but I'll give you a CD of the pix and if we can swing it a copy of the book if the pix are used in it.

Its all good fun!

Phil (zoomer)

Yeah - the pix that were used in that tome were taken about this time last year - if not before. Young Tim Bucklow was very kind in setting up a little Harley get together one weekend.

I am no bike expert but I thought it was a well put together book. In fact I like the whole series (no contributor bias of course!) but I personally found the Red Ball Express the most interesting...

Anyway, same idea his time I'm told the theme is all eras - but you never know what goes in until its done and dusted!. Anyway - I'm just happy having a bit of fun snapping some pix!

Phil

Snapper is looking for all and any pictures. Circumstances dictated not taking a motorised vehicle to the Bunker Bash, took the pedal bike in the Volvo. But had a hell of a lot of fun with just the camera. Sometimes its more fun without a vehicle. Mind you the main ring parade was hairy with loads of armour doing power slides round the corners. :shocked: :shake::-(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sadly the dealine on this has passed now and I didnt get any HMVFs members wanting to get involved. It's a shame as we could have got HMVF in the book credits! Can't believe theres no-one in the south east with a bike but there you go.

Maybe next time...

Zoomer

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Sadly the dealine on this has passed now and I didnt get any HMVFs members wanting to get involved. It's a shame as we could have got HMVF in the book credits! Can't believe theres no-one in the south east with a bike but there you go.

Maybe next time...

Zoomer

Sadly mate both my bikes left for ireland this morning,:cry:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
You never told me you had any bikes!

I suppose you took them over on your motor yacht... alright for some, eh?

Nothing really interesting,BSA B40,TRW 500,both never registerd since leaving service,so absolutely original.post pictures when i find them i have taken them to a few shows.Beltring.Horndean.Bunker Bash.CW

Motor yacht broke,going to bore everyone rigid with an engine rebuild blog soon.:rofl:

Edited by catweazle (Banned Member)