Stalwart HMLC Gallery

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
983 UXU is, I think, Linda and Dave Knapmans new beastie.....

Top people! Fed us roast potatoes, gave us beer and drove us around W&P in the back of the stolly :-D if anyone has an email address for Dave then please PM it to me, wanted to get a chance to offer thanks and a contribution towards his fuel but we couldn't find him before we left!

Thankyou-Please

Top people! Fed us roast potatoes, gave us beer and drove us around W&P in the back of the stolly :-D if anyone has an email address for Dave then please PM it to me, wanted to get a chance to offer thanks and a contribution towards his fuel but we couldn't find him before we left!

Thankyou-Please

PM sent mate!!

• 2 weeks later...

For the modellers amongst us - there is a 1/24th scale resin kit due out, hopefully, around Xmas this year of the FV622 Stalwart (Mk II GS).

Details available from: http://www.kitformservices.com/tq.html

It won't be small - the hull casting is 10.5" long - or cheap (I gues) but it will the most accurate model of the Stalwart available to date!!

Take a look at the URL given for the photo's of the first pre-production mouldings & castings.

(Mods - I hope I've put this in the right place, if not feel free to move it..)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Going over a hill in a Stalwart is scary. I remember dad doing the humps at Bagshot Heath. I was about 5 or 6 and i just remember being terrified.

Talk to my wife - she'll give you chapter and verse on being terrifed by a Stalwart going over the bumps. In 2006 she was in the back as we went around the arena, she let go of the rail just as we went over one of the arena "bumps and had an interesting trip from one end of the cargo bay and back again!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Talk to my wife - she'll give you chapter and verse on being terrifed by a Stalwart going over the bumps. In 2006 she was in the back as we went around the arena, she let go of the rail just as we went over one of the arena "bumps and had an interesting trip from one end of the cargo bay and back again!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So that's how you talked her into letting you have the OT90!

"Honestly love when you stand in the turret commanding you'll be surrounded by metal armour, nowhere to go, far safer than the old beast." :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
So that's how you talked her into letting you have the OT90!

"Honestly love when you stand in the turret commanding you'll be surrounded by metal armour, nowhere to go, far safer than the old beast." :rofl:

Norman,

When I see you at the next club meeting remind me to tell you about Stalwart alarming experiences !

John

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

The things i've done with a stolly would make your hair stand on end.....all 6 in the air over humps,launching from big granite rock on the side of a hill(18ft drop),front tow hitch dug in the tarmac(braking hard),rear wards racing on the ammo point,handbrake starts x country(front 4 in the air while pulling away) very steep valley.Best vehicle the army had goes anywhere a tank will go.