Eager Beaver's

antarmike

Is there any chance that Mike or someone might have the MkII wiring diagram that could be emailed to me. Doing 'print screen' does not give enough detail on fine print.

Removing the injectors today - never been removed since new judging from the paint over them. Solid rust etc just below the weather seal. One was in so tight that it snapped in half. Injector pullers did not touch it. 1 1/2" opened-ended spanner and 7' of scaffold moved it:-D

Brake pipes off tomorrow.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any chance that Mike or someone might have the MkII wiring diagram that could be emailed to me. Doing 'print screen' does not give enough detail on fine print.

Removing the injectors today - never been removed since new judging from the paint over them. Solid rust etc just below the weather seal. One was in so tight that it snapped in half. Injector pullers did not touch it. 1 1/2" opened-ended spanner and 7' of scaffold moved it:-D

Brake pipes off tomorrow.

I have Mk11 wiring Diagram, I have put it on here somewhere for someone else, but because I had to resize it wasn'r very clear. When I get a chance I will e-mail it to you if you can PM me an e-mail address.

Thank you for your troubles, Mike. Most appreciated.

EB now proudly boastes first coat of Deep Bronze Green:shocked: The cam paint was coming off in lumps anyway. Never relised they had split rim Alluminium wheels though. Hence the over-inflating warning on all wheels.

Thank you for your troubles, Mike. Most appreciated.

EB now proudly boastes first coat of Deep Bronze Green:shocked: The cam paint was coming off in lumps anyway. Never relised they had split rim Alluminium wheels though. Hence the over-inflating warning on all wheels.

Book says front 25 PSI 1.72 Bar

Rear 15 PSI 1.03 Bar

We had a EB while i was in MT.Twas my baby 03 FZ 44.A lovely bit of kit if looked after and no biffs let loose on it.

Explain biffs please.

Mine is 05 FW 36. Starting to look the part now. All four injectors were in dire condition. None of them atomised. But the guy rang me and asked where the broken part was - still stuck in the head at the moment. I hope once I have the right thread, then with a bit of Oxy-Acet it may come out otherwise the head will have to come off. I do not want that at all.

Here is an interesting possibility. Have just been talking to a farmer and when he saw the EB had 10 stud, he suggested that one could fit super single tyres on the hubs subject to not fouling anything but giving more stability and lower ground pressure.

No rush to do it as yet but it may be an idea for the future.

Can anyone tell me what colour the hydraulic tank filler is meant to be please.

Diesel - yellow.

Coolant - I guess blue.

Hyd - ?

On both mine the fuel filler is yellow and the Hydraulic tank filler is body colour Green/ black or IRR green.

One has OM33 stencilled on the side of the Hydraulic tank side, forward of the filler. The other is unmarked.

Coolant filler was originally same black as radiator header tank. One of mine still is black, the other is over painted same green as body, with black showing through the paint chips. Neither has any sign of ever having been blue.

Edited by antarmike

Here is an interesting possibility. Have just been talking to a farmer and when he saw the EB had 10 stud, he suggested that one could fit super single tyres on the hubs subject to not fouling anything but giving more stability and lower ground pressure.

No rush to do it as yet but it may be an idea for the future.

Giles,

Compared to other rough terrain f/lifts, the EB is considerably lighter and its longer wheelbase aids its counterbalance. I know someone who uses these for his tent and marquee hire business due to the fact they can drive over lawns without making impressions that a heavier machine would inflict. So not sure whether super singles would improve things, it would make it slightly wider which may not be a benefit if you say you are going to work in woodland.

Richard

The EB on Ebay is the one I wanted to start with but when I asked him if it was still for sale, I did not hear back from him for ages by which time I had gone for this one. My yard, thesedays, does not permit parking for any more. Much to my disgust:-(

Steel wheels on the back is a good idea. Much like the front wheels on a Fordson Major being cast iron rather than wafer weights being added. Keeping it narrow is also sensible as you say for my intended uses. Wait until you see the extension ram to enable a personel cradle to give lift to 20':nut:. If all goes to plan it should be really quite safe on flat ground but there again no-one would want to be in a cradle on sideways slopes anyway.

My EB also has OM33 (Oil mineral grade 33) stencilled on it. All the other oils still have MOD grades still stencilled. I have kept the stencilling.

Will paint the remaining caps black when time and weather permit. Thanks for that. My memory and common sense play havock when it comes to obvious MOD colour coding. I left in 1979 and it makes me feel quite old until I go and play again:D

Explain biffs please.

Mine is 05 FW 36. Starting to look the part now. All four injectors were in dire condition. None of them atomised. But the guy rang me and asked where the broken part was - still stuck in the head at the moment. I hope once I have the right thread, then with a bit of Oxy-Acet it may come out otherwise the head will have to come off. I do not want that at all.

Biff = general mong.