Stalwarts

private mw

Do you mean this one?:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alvis-Stalwart-Amphibious-Army-Truck_W0QQitemZ160232905236QQihZ006QQcategoryZ122307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

An FV-622 (Mk 2 GS) and what looks like an FV-623/4 REME/Limber version are in the photo's. Look to be OK, if they are running and all the Dowty drive componenents are in place. The water steering tillers are missing in the cab picture though which probably means the linkages/rods to the clamshells are gone as well. Also the swim-board & bracketry. Need to allow about another £2,000 if you want a fully swimming one!!

If you are interested - I recommend going down there and making sure they do start as described, no overheating, that there are no oil leaks from the hub seals, the wheel stations are all aligned, the brakes work as they should, the steering is OK - same for the electricals systems.

buy it and just convince her its for flood prevention due to the changing climate ,,,,,,,,,,,,:-\....:coffee:

Be warned - Stalwarts can be money pits - and getting one swimming is a very deep pit indeed (don't ask how I know this!!)

Incidentally - if anyone is interested in them, lower the sides and tail gates and make a VERY close inspection of both rubber seals as these are very, very hard to replace. :shake:

The roads are so narrow nothing wider than 7 foot 6 inches. There are exceptiions for essential vehicles

you are limited to the roads you can use.

arrgh - the great law makers mind at work ....... how do you tow on or use a road you can't use

:yay::yay::yay:

:yay::yay::yay:

sorry gave me a chance to play with the girls (there's always one a bit on the slow side)

To drive in Jersey you need obviously a registration, but for many years there has been no excise tax, it used to be done on length, but you must display a valid insurance disc. There is also rules about caravans, you can only own oneif you are a resident, and only tow it to and from the harbour. Hey the rules work for the place.:)

£5,000 is a bit high looking at the overall condition of that one.

Crane equipped versions are an even bigger nightmare for maintenance as the crane obstructs some of the hull access and has more to go wrong hydraulically. And there's another couple of tons weight on the front and centre wheeels/wheel stations to contend with.

• 4 months later...

Welcome to the Friendy Forum , I m sure some one will be able to help you with information you are looking for shortly .

Please post any photo's you have of your Vehicles as We all love to see each others projects and Toys.

Make sure you dont block the boat ramp at the side of the club house for those members wanting to swim their amphibious toys in the Club lake !

If you need a complete wheel station ring RR Services on Monday morning - 01233 820219, talk to Kerry, the works manager and tell him you've spoken to me,

The hull used to donate spares to little Maud is being scrapped at the end of the week as part of a yard clear out and I've no where to put anything right now.