AEC Militant MK 3 Gallery

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have just got a Militant Mk3 it has holes with grommets in added were the grills are on the picture of the NI one above. it also has a solid fibre glass type cover over the floor and bonnnet. its military number is 86 ET 73 would any one have any history on it.

Regards

Amazon Joe

bens photos 090.jpg

bens photos 110.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
found this slide today

Mark :cool:

This one was owned By East Sussex CC, and the last I saw of it was at Laughton in East Sussex, showing off with Gritineye's Scammell, then painted in Nato matt green. I don't know the chaps name or whether he is on this forum, but he also owned a Bedford 'S' type recovery vehicle. I haven't seen it or the owner for about six years now. Bernard will no doubt know the him. I used to refer to him a Yasser Arafat as he used to wrap a chequered tea towel found his head in the summer, and was the spitting image of him. :-D

He used to keep them in a yard at Halland in E/SX and my wife used to work with his wife, (Heather):)

• 4 weeks later...
A couple more for you guys.

the bottom militant is mine!!! have been able to contact the owner at that time and have learned that he purchased it from the military directly!! he owned it 10 years ago and px'd it for a scammell!! meeting him at kemble!! just got to find the inbetween owners 2 find out what it has been doing!! lol :)

Millitant%20Mk3[1].jpg

3.jpg

Edited by Mad Cow

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This was my old girl the day i sold her, I really really wish i had not had to sell her. I was very hard up at the time and there was no other option. it was the most useful vehicle I have ever owned. If i ever find another for good one for not too much money, i will buy it in a flash.

DSCF0049.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...