AEC Militant MK 3 Gallery

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Milly is up for sale on eblag (sob)

someone please give her a home, Boo, Hooo, Blart, Blart!!!

That looks nice, someone give it a home ! ( I don't think it's the one with the lager cab which has been listed by someone named Mike)

Edited by 6 X 6

Thank you lads, sadly I cannot keep this great truck, and due to other financial commitments my other toys may have to go as well.

Bu*@%#!!!

Three good Friends have mkIII recoveries and they never cease to impress me with their capabilities.

Now I have one of my own and it has all the makings of a good one and I can't afford to keep it.

I have some photos of the one in the REME museum which I will post soon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yup.......... it's on www.thexmod.com site on Milweb. It's 1971, cab partially restored and they are asking three grand for it. Well shod and in need of some tlc.

ssssshh! Don't tell the mrs its for sale! Seemed like a good price to me? Has anyone seen in in the flesh?

This is the Duxford Militant. She's known as Nellie. Nellie was used by a Circus to help with their elephant, but the elephant died and the militant found a new home at the museum. She's named after the elephant.

Nellie is a working vehicle and is used all over the museum. She's the society's baby, and gets lots of attention. She's also used for driver training, and this photo was taken when I learned how to drive her. I want one for home now.... :)

I think they use it for clearing all the major TRUNK routes around the airfield!!

Does anyone know of this one?! No reason... :whistle:

Mk3-2.jpg

Mk3.jpg

I recognised the "TBEA" on the door of the Merc as being Aultbea..this is where my dad grew up in the 1950's. The truck must belong to Alex Forbes and sons...though you probably already know this!

Well worth a punt by the looks of it..:)

ssssshh! Don't tell the mrs its for sale! Seemed like a good price to me? Has anyone seen in in the flesh?

It is very tempting at that price. The only drawback I could see was that it is in a very, very remote location.

Nice, though...