6 X 6

A.E.C. Militant MK 1 Gallery

Militant gun tractor 6 X 4 with wooden H.A.A. body.

sc0006a8e8.jpg

Early LWB 6 X 4 Militant, steel cargo body with fixed sides.

sc00076326.jpg

sc0007632601.jpg

Militant 6 X 4 with 2,500 Gallon Fuel Tank Body.

sc00082e32.jpg

sc00082e3201.jpg

Early Militant 6 X 6 SWB Tractor TLR.

sc00087c3b.jpg

sc0008871d.jpg

sc0008871d01.jpg

Later (1959 - 1960's ) Militant 10 ton Truck, Steel Cargo Body with Drop Sides, Bridging Truck if fitted with a Winch like this one.

sc0008b39b.jpg

sc0008b39b01.jpg

10 ton 6 X 6 with Prototype Tipping Platform Body built by Bri-Mec.

sc000db1e1.jpg

Another Mk1 Militant in mint condition , having no trouble leaving a water logged War and Peace show 2007 ! DSC01562.jpg

Nice pic's - I love these old girls!! :)

The tipper unit was what equipped "C" Troop of 215 Sqdn RCT(VR) - however ours only had a single ram, not the twin rams pictured as ours were three-way tipping units.

Mk 1 Militant with FV3561 10/30 tonne dummy axle recovery trailer in the arena at 2007 War and Peace show ! DSC01488.jpg

Hello Tom , would you mind opening the thread up to all Millies as I am sure there are a lot of Mk3 pictures out there dying to come in ! :-D

Nice pic's - I love these old girls!! :)

The tipper unit was what equipped "C" Troop of 215 Sqdn RCT(VR) - however ours only had a single ram, not the twin rams pictured as ours were three-way tipping units.

I know what you mean Neil they just look like they are built to cope with anything and last forever ! Have you any pics of the ones you drove in service ?:bow::bow:

Hello Tom , would you mind opening the thread up to all Millies as I am sure there are a lot of Mk3 pictures out there dying to come in ! :-D

Andy, I'm just happy looking at any lorry 'photos ! I would say that as the MK 1 and MK 3 share only a name other posters may feel the MK 3 deserves it's own thread. I won't be opening any other marque threads so I wait to see what happens and go along with that. Regards.

It would be lovely to think a few Militant tippers have survived but sadly I should think that after leaving Ruddington most were worked to death in a quarry or on a motorway construction site in the 1970's. They were just too useful.

I know what you mean Neil they just look like they are built to cope with anything and last forever ! Have you any pics of the ones you drove in service ?:bow::bow:

Somewhere there may be some - haven't seen the old photo's for years. When I can get into the loft I'll have a look-see!!

It would be lovely to think a few Militant tippers have survived but sadly I should think that after leaving Ruddington most were worked to death in a quarry or on a motorway construction site in the 1970's. They were just too useful.

For sure 215 still had them on the books in the very late Seventies as we did a deal with them, post transfer to 21, for HGV-2 training in exchange for GPMG training.

Two MK 1 Militants on Colerne Airfield.

sc00214fd1.jpg

Militant MK 1 6 X 6 Gun Tractor with some sort of Scammell.

sc0021a68b.jpg

10 ton, 6 x 6 Cargo Truck with steel drop side body.

sc002187e1.jpg

Militant MK 1 6 X 6 Gun Tractor with some sort of Scammell.

sc0021a68b.jpg

Must have broken down for the Scammell to be pushing it :cool2: