hallo, I am Eric and i have 981 and I want to replace the engine by another make. Can someone tell me which kind of engines go in a 981. I have Scania and volvo's but the one is the starter on the left hand side but the steering box stays in it's way.

The other a Volvo has the outlet manifold on the left and again the the steeringbox stands there where the pipe must pass.

Maybe has someone here experience with other engines or whit Scania's or Volvo.

For me here in Belgium it is difficult to find a Cummins for it.

hopefully can someone tell me something more.

With kind regards, Eric

Cummins 14.0 290 cummins in classic commercials for £550 Ono

Hi

not sure if this link has been put up before but just came across it showing the best

of the RASC.

a quick shoot of Diamond T's in Africa earlier on but at around 14.15 minutes, look and listen

to the shoot showing the landing craft balanced on top of Rogers trailers with the front axle

bouncing up and down on the cobble streets

worth a look

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/the-royal-army-service-corps-reel-1

Happy New Year to all DT owners

Hope to see as many as possible in 2013

Cheers

MaccDT

Steve

• 1 month later...

Ok can we bring this thread back on track please, the Moderators Inbox's are full of PM's about this thread, as it says in the first post..

For all your Diamond photos !

The over width, too heavy, wrong brakes thing has been done to death over the years, at the end of the day it is up to the individual to determine the legality of their vehicle.. as it says in the forum rules...

Is Your Vehicle Legal to use on the Road?

It is the responsibility of the individual member to determine whether their vehicle complies with current C&U regulations

(& any other relevant legislation) & to determine that it has been properly registered with the DVLA & can be used legally on the road.

Any guidance given by other members with regards to these issues must be taken as just opinions, HMVF will neither agree or disagree with any opinions given, Road Traffic Law is a very complex matter & few of us are in a position to fully understand them. If in doubt get confirmation in Writing from the DVLA/VOSA & we strongly recommend that you take proper legal advice.

HMVF will not be responsible for any legal action taken against members due to following advice given in good faith from a fellow member.

Don't be surprised if any further or existing posts on this start disappearing without notice as the moderating team may start cleaning up the thread.. any questions about this please PM one of the moderating team. Thank You

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66836[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66837[/ATTACH] hi arthur carter hear this is my t in the middle of a bunch of scammels and i thought it was funny that i had my two american flags up in the backround this is at headcorn 2012 this drive took me 2 hours to get there from where i park my t

Move over! It's T time is up for sale at war and peace for 14000 Ono

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, its many years ago now but i found this old girl laying in a field i believe somewhere near the borders, i think it was an ex dump truck, the engine transplant i think was leyland 680 with harvey frost 6 ton recovery gear, i do not know if it was ever saved but would have been a brave man to take it on, hope of interest, tony g.

2 Baby DT.jpg

3 Baby DT.jpg

1 Baby DT.jpg

hi all, its many years ago now but i found this old girl laying in a field i believe somewhere near the borders, i think it was an ex dump truck, the engine transplant i think was leyland 680 with harvey frost 6 ton recovery gear, i do not know if it was ever saved but would have been a brave man to take it on, hope of interest, tony g.

Its amasing what you can find if you realy are looking for strange things in fields, it would be good to know that the old girl had survived, but it would have been a major restoration, but stange things happen.