It was indeed Tom, and it looks as if the towing jaw has been fitted since then as it has red oxide around it. He says there wasn't a winch on it either and both doors were blue/white with 24Hr Recovery - so it has had some work done to it since. Does it look the same one to you?

• 2 weeks later...
Oops! After D-Day, 450 Transporter Co RASC were on the move inland. This outfit suffered a trailer puncture and was left behind to catch up as best it could once the wheel was changed. They were directed to take a short cut to save a bit of time.......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59613[/ATTACH]

That reminds me of Pickfords at Boroughbridge shortly after the war with 2 DTs, girder trailer and roll housing in the river. I wonder how many other incidents there were?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60074[/ATTACH]this is the T nearly finished come to war & peace to see it. it will be in the american feald with tony gs dimond t form arthur aka the big A

Nice to see a Wynns Diamond T with original cab, I only go to Dorset, but thanks for the invite.

Dizzy-t

• 2 weeks later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60660[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60661[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60672[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]60673[/ATTACH]

So at long last my 969 is out the shed and finished, sounds and drives lovely.

Afraid it will need to go as my wife says i have more diamonds than she does!:undecided:

Diamonds and Scammells John ! You are a lucky lad ! :-D

Hi All

Two photos I have found from the past. John Wynn informs me it was fifteen years ago!! I met up with John at a gathering in Kent organised by Roger Mortimer. John Wynn had not driven a 'Diamond' for thirty years and he had thirty in his fleet. The photos show myself and John and John in my 'T'. He startred the old girl up and off he went for about half an hour. I thought I'd lost my 'T'. John said he'll never forget how to drive one. Hope of interest . Tony G.

John Wynn & Tony.jpg

JW1.jpg

Hi All

Two photos I have found from the past. John Wynn informs me it was fifteen years ago!! I met up with John at a gathering in Kent organised by Roger Mortimer. John Wynn had not driven a 'Diamond' for thirty years and he had thirty in his fleet. The photos show myself and John and John in my 'T'. He startred the old girl up and off he went for about half an hour. I thought I'd lost my 'T'. John said he'll never forget how to drive one. Hope of interest . Tony G.

You made his day then Tony, well done, one lucky man. Hope you enjoy kent when you get there, but too far for me to come for the day, but will ask a friend to take photos of your T's for me & other model makers.. Dizzy-t.:drive:

:coffee:

• 4 weeks later...

I will be going to Beltring only taking a land rover though, have now got the 980 registered with DVLA, fitting lights to it then I need to sort out four pieces of glass. David.

I will be going to Beltring only taking a land rover though, have now got the 980 registered with DVLA, fitting lights to it then I need to sort out four pieces of glass. David.

Looking forward to seeing photos of your T do you know the history?, would you like Adrian to add it to The WW11 Diamond T Register?, I cant see your on there.

Regards Dizzy-t :wow:

:drive:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62578[/ATTACH]hi it arthur and t time is backand is going to a dimond jubilee party on the 5 of june at limpsfield surrey. pics to follow

She's looking good now. Well done lad. DD

Looking forward to seeing photos of your T do you know the history?, would you like Adrian to add it to The WW11 Diamond T Register?, I cant see your on there.

Regards Dizzy-t :wow:

:drive:

Yes I'll get the details to you soon David.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Nearly finished the 'ole girl'. Have just put new through shaft seals in and weather permitting will go for a drive along the beach tomorrow. Hope to see some old friends at Beltring after thirty years where the 'Diamond' will be up for sale.

All the best, Tony G.

001.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

Hi All

Nearly finished the 'ole girl'. Have just put new through shaft seals in and weather permitting will go for a drive along the beach tomorrow. Hope to see some old friends at Beltring after thirty years where the 'Diamond' will be up for sale.

All the best, Tony G.

Very nice Tony, just wish I had the money to buy. Hope your daughter doesn't mind, where did this T come from?, are you just keeping the Pickfords one then?.

I am getting a friend to come along and take photos of your T at Beltring, he is going anyway, so said he would do the honours for me.

Regards from

Dick

Hi All

All the best, Tony G.

Lovely job Tony , I'm looking forward to meeting you both at Beltring ! :-D

Tony that is fantastic! Well done on another fine restoration.

I would love to come down to Beltring and see you and Arthur but I think I will have my hands full with the T as we are road testing and rectifying little issues proor to its first outing in August. Hope the show goes well for you both.

Go steady, and all the best,

Adrian.