[ATTACH=CONFIG]56400[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56399[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56398[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56397[/ATTACH]

some more pictures whwn we put the ballast box and rear part of cab last friday

Thank you so much for putting these photos on, it has helped me no end with my model, yours is looking good.

dizzy-t:wow:

:drive:

Looks in good nick, apart from the oil leak coming from the back wheel, would like more info for the WW11 Diamond T Register, another T for Dorset I wonder, looking forward to more info regarding this T, good luck with it.

Regards dizzy-t:wow:

:drive:

A quick update: "T" now on milweb at http://www.milweb.net/webverts/60648/. Not mine I hasten to add, but Kevin is a sensible bloke and the "T" is well worth a look if you're in the market

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does any one know of a colour picture of a WYNNS Diamond T with original cab, and what would the colour be, I know its red, but any idea what shade, and also what are the other colours used, is it all over black (apart from the red)? We have all seen the none original cabs, but I prefer the original.:drive::help::coffee:

hi dizzy, hope everything ok, there are a couple of john wynn books available with plenty of colour photos of original cabbed diamonds, hope of interest tony g.

Thanks for the information Tony, any idea as to which books they are?. yes everything fine here thanks. Will look forward to hearing any more of your T news.

hi dizzy, i have a book here called hauling heavyweights and a section in it is devoted to wynns with coloured shots of their diamonds, i have had the book for over twenty years so it may well be out of print, but the other way is to buy john wynns dvds 1 to 7, there are hours of coloured footage of diamonds and pacifics, well worth the money, hope of some help dizzy, all the best tony g.

hi dizzy, i have a book here called hauling heavyweights and a section in it is devoted to wynns with coloured shots of their diamonds, i have had the book for over twenty years so it may well be out of print, but the other way is to buy john wynns dvds 1 to 7, there are hours of coloured footage of diamonds and pacifics, well worth the money, hope of some help dizzy, all the best tony g.

Many thanks for the info Tony.:readbook:

Hi Tony, went onto Amazon & found the book which you mentioned, so have bought it, as to the dvd's these are £20.00 each, just cant find £140 at the moment, but thanks.

hi dizzy, spoken to john wynn for you about colours on the diamonds, the nearest red was post office red and the ballast body was maroon, but he said no two vehicles were the same colours, the nearest would do, perhaps this may help you in making your models, hope of some help, tony g.

hi dizzy, spoken to john wynn for you about colours on the diamonds, the nearest red was post office red and the ballast body was maroon, but he said no two vehicles were the same colours, the nearest would do, perhaps this may help you in making your models, hope of some help, tony g.

Many thanks Tony, I'm not planning to make it just yet, as I am still making Alan Oxborough's Diamond T, so after that I will have athink about it, I would love to do a PICKFORDS one as well, but would have to seriously think about that. Cheers Dick.

Hi All

I took these photos of Arthur Carter's Diamond T a couple of weeks ago. The wooden back body has been replaced with a cut down Diamond balast body. He has a fair way to go yet but the conditions he has had to work in has been horrendous (snow, rain and wind) and he has tried his best with very little money. Hopefully it will be finished for the new rally season.. Hope of interest. Tony G.

DSCF0730.jpg

DSCF0731.jpg

Hi All, sorry for the quality of the photo. This ws Arthur Carter's Diamond shown recovering an artic during the 1970's. It was fitted with a Rolls C6 which blew a hole in the block and was re-fitted with Cummins 335 supercharged engine which was taken out of the famous Wynn's Pacific 192 Dreadnought which was cut up afterwards. Note also the cut back battery boxes to make room for the shear legs. Hope of interest. Tony G

Old Photo Arthur Carter DT.jpg

Hi All, sorry for the quality of the photo. This ws Arthur Carter's Diamond shown recovering an artic during the 1970's. It was fitted with a Rolls C6 which blew a hole in the block and was re-fitted with Cummins 335 supercharged engine which was taken out of the famous Wynn's Pacific 192 Dreadnought which was cut up afterwards. Note also the cut back battery boxes to make room for the shear legs. Hope of interest. Tony G

Hi Tony, thanks for posting the pictures, it will give big A a boost embarrassingly it takes your pictures posted from France to show me how he is getting on just around the corner from home!

Looking forward to hearing the cummins working hard this year.

Having regular updates (I'm Arthur's Cousin) and had the vehicle visit my yard a couple of times, I'd say he is doing brilliantly. With a little help from his friends and his young son then I'd say it is going to be a brilliant vehicle. Make's my Scammell look like a toy!. Keep up the good work Arthur.

Dewrance

A few Scammells, land Rover and wife!