Hi rog8811, you're dead right, I have spoken to Ron Groom who sold both trucks around twenty five years ago and he said they had a local firm build the new cab when the original hard cab got too rough. I'm hoping to find a scrap hard cab to use as a pattern to build a new one as this one is now quite rotten and not the prettiest thing on earth. Thanks for the interest, cheers Lee.

Evening Lee

I have a tired hard top cab that might help you get closer to your goal, call me on 07860 824608

Cheers Steve MaccDT

thats it got my 969a back after looking for it for about 9 years its ok but looking for a exhaust manifold petrol rxc still fitted in truck any one know where i can find a manifold

thats it got my 969a back after looking for it for about 9 years its ok but looking for a exhaust manifold petrol rxc still fitted in truck any one know where i can find a manifold

evening Andy

David Wildenberg was trying to get some from the states and i know he got a can in the last month with a load of DT parts in it so he may have one.

regards sam

On 25/04/2009 at 8:30 PM, chevpol said:

some slides found today

Mark B|

img601.jpg

img602.jpg

That was called the hulk it ran out of a company called crown motors on the old Maidstone road ruxley Kent many moons ago is it still alive do we know 

11 hours ago, caprirs0 said:

That was called the hulk it ran out of a company called crown motors on the old Maidstone road ruxley Kent many moons ago is it still alive do we know 

Glad its still a round, i used to run to the window at school the old swanley comp

when she was going down the motorway those were the days

thanks for the reply.

Here's a new aquasition to the collection , got the 981 rolling having sat still for over 15 years !

IMG_3815.JPG

IMG_3805.JPG

IMG_3743.JPG

IMG_3769.JPG

IMG_3813.JPG

IMG_3781.JPG

IMG_3825.JPG

Nice to see it John. I remember this as an operating recovery truck at Dixons yard near Hunsdon when I was a kid, I'm so glad it has made it into preservation. My dad drove Diamond T's for a bit during the war and every time we drove past the yard it would trigger a few "I remember when " moments.

PT

19 hours ago, trustmeimamechanic said:

Crikey John she cleaned up well , 

That was fun saturday ;-)

Many thanks for your help mate , expert Matbro driving !!

8 hours ago, armouredfarmer said:

Nice to see it John. I remember this as an operating recovery truck at Dixons yard near Hunsdon when I was a kid, I'm so glad it has made it into preservation. My dad drove Diamond T's for a bit during the war and every time we drove past the yard it would trigger a few "I remember when " moments.

PT

We collected the Diamond from Dixons same old yard it had worked from and sat in since 1966 ! when she was bought from Ruddington sales !  I'm told it replaced a Matador they ran before that.

Nice find John.

It looks quite good from the photo's.

On 04/12/2017 at 7:50 PM, John Comber said:

Should of asked my son for these photos first ! , took some clearance first all part of the fun !

IMG_9187.JPG

IMG_4949.MOV

IMG_9190.JPG

John I can not see any of your picture just the video

Hi David , I think there is a gremlin on the forum today , can't see any pictures  anywhere !!