Hi Harper,

I saw on the picture that you own a fuel semi trailer.

We completed a restoration of the same one but miss all the equipment stored in the rear compartment (reel hose, portable pump, ....)

Is your one complete and if it is, can you post some pictures ?

Thank you in advance,

please visit our blog : http://www.pierreddy.blogspot.com

Pierre

Hi Harper,

I saw on the picture that you own a fuel semi trailer.

We completed a restoration of the same one but miss all the equipment stored in the rear compartment (reel hose, portable pump, ....)

Is your one complete and if it is, can you post some pictures ?

Thank you in advance,

please visit our blog : www.pierreddy.blogspot.com

Pierre

hej pierre

its not my trailer. it belong to a friend thats restoring the autocar for it. the trailer is empty inside and it was emty when he bought it last year.

he had a tread here for a couple of weeks ago and wanted contact with someone that has restored an autocar.

nice blog but i dont understand much of the text.

CIMG0652.jpg

I offer these images for interest, the individual who lent me the originals has no idea why he has them and therefor I cannot offer any history behind them. I guess they are early North Africa as the M3s all appear to be undamaged and both they and the transporter look quite pristine. If anyone can shed light I would be most interested.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86080[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]86081[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]86082[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]86083[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86084[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]86085[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]86086[/ATTACH]

As I've said in my 'introduce myself' piece I am a 'wannabe' but also a 'nevershallbe' so I make models of the vehicles I am interested in - here then is 'my' interpretation of a 980 and Rogers trailer hauling a Crusader 3.

The 'large photos' really show the model imperfections (and the massive dust particles!!), the scale helmets look OK until they are enlarged by a factor of 5 or 10.

Dear Sir.

You are like me, wannabe & a nevershallbe, I too make Diamond T models, but in 1/35th scale, resin and plastic, my fleet consists of 7 T's to date, I have made 4 by Accurate Armour, 2 by WESPE (Romania) & one by Merit (Plastic kit), the two I can tell you about are the Wynns T's, which were at the Model Truck Show at Gaydon last year and will be again this yera, they will be joined by the other 5 ( cant tell you what they are as its a closley guarded secret until the day, no one knows what models others are taking, also joining the the T fleet will be two Rogers trailers and and an AEC Matador plus a Ward la France Wrecker, plus if I can get it made intime a Bedford RL Wrecker. I think I have seen your model T's somewhere.

Dizzy-t

:wow:

:drive:

hej pierre

its not my trailer. it belong to a friend thats restoring the autocar for it. the trailer is empty inside and it was emty when he bought it last year.

he had a tread here for a couple of weeks ago and wanted contact with someone that has restored an autocar.

nice blog but i dont understand much of the text.

Hello Harper,

Thank you for your reply,

Unfortunately, it seems that your friend is in the same trouble as us with the equipment :-(

If he wants informations for the restoration of his Autocar he can contact us

Regards,

Pierre

Hello Harper,

Thank you for your reply,

Unfortunately, it seems that your friend is in the same trouble as us with the equipment :-(

If he wants informations for the restoration of his Autocar he can contact us

Regards,

Pierre

Hello Pierre,

I have read about your beautiful truck in CMV, and on your blogg.

Can you help me with some of my Autocar wonderings?

• Should there be a moulding between the body and front fender?

• Is the headlights the same as GMC, Diamond T etc? They look the same but the partnr is different...

• How does the insulation on the inside of the hood look?

• How does the bracket for the blackoutlamps look?

Regards

Mats

Hello Pierre,

I have read about your beautiful truck in CMV, and on your blogg.

Can you help me with some of my Autocar wonderings?

• Should there be a moulding between the body and front fender?

• Is the headlights the same as GMC, Diamond T etc? They look the same but the partnr is different...

• How does the insulation on the inside of the hood look?

• How does the bracket for the blackoutlamps look?

Regards

Mats

Hi Mats,

I will try to answer but it is not easy !!

1/ I understand : between the body and the fender there is a joint. We made it with a thin canvas folded over a rope

2/ I guess they are the same but not sure, we used similar ones

3/ you can see pictures on a post of 2011, Mai. It looks like a wool bed cover. For the floors, we used Fermacell

4/ I can't find picture of it but it is similar to the ones of the main lights but smaller

as the truck is rather far from home, I won't be able to make a picture right now...

sorry, I am not able to help you much

Regards,

Pierre

Hi Mats,

I will try to answer but it is not easy !!

1/ I understand : between the body and the fender there is a joint. We made it with a thin canvas folded over a rope

2/ I guess they are the same but not sure, we used similar ones

3/ you can see pictures on a post of 2011, Mai. It looks like a wool bed cover. For the floors, we used Fermacell

4/ I can't find picture of it but it is similar to the ones of the main lights but smaller

as the truck is rather far from home, I won't be able to make a picture right now...

sorry, I am not able to help you much

Regards,

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Thank you for your answer.

3/ I found the pictures. Great!

4/ I was thinking of the small blackoutlamps in the grille.

What I can se from photos, it looks just like a piece of flat iron, but I would need some measurements to make them.

Do you have any extra parts for sale?

If so, can I mail you a "wish-list"?

Regards

Mats

Hi Pierre,

Thank you for your answer.

3/ I found the pictures. Great!

4/ I was thinking of the small blackoutlamps in the grille.

What I can se from photos, it looks just like a piece of flat iron, but I would need some measurements to make them.

Do you have any extra parts for sale?

If so, can I mail you a "wish-list"?

Regards

Mats

4/ No, it is a molded piece (hope the translation is right)

I will send you picture of it in a few days

Yes we have some spare parts, send me the list, we will check

you can mail to : melsha1998@yahoo.com

Regards

Pierre

4/ No, it is a molded piece (hope the translation is right)

I will send you picture of it in a few days

Yes we have some spare parts, send me the list, we will check

you can mail to : melsha1998@yahoo.com

Regards

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

I mean the blackout marker lamps.

Please see the picture I found on your blogg.

I will mail you a list tomorrow.

Regards

Mats

Autocar blackoutlamp.pdf

Following the sad demise of my partners Dad, we came across some more photos of '980's doing there thing. Again, we have no idea of when and where these photos were taken. The line-up of 'T's' show the number 4 chalked on the side of the radiators on a large proportion. As with my previous post of a couple of photos, there appear to be no unit identification markings on these vehicles (or the M3 tanks for that matter). The colourised photos are just that - rather crudely applied the ink stains are obvious. Diamond T006.jpg

Diamond T001.jpg

Diamond T002.jpg

Diamond T003.jpg

Diamond T004.jpg

Diamond T005.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

hi, recovery fleet for gatwards of maidstone left to right, land rover and austin k9,my old diamond 981, and right geoff gatwards favourite truck which never let him down his petrol engined aec matador, note all with trade plates. the second photo is my old diamond with regular driver ron, excuse me i cannot remember his last name, hope of interest, tony g.

scan0022.jpg

Watneys Brewery Diamond T.

Ross

Hi Ross

I'm intrigued by the picture of the Watney's Diamond T wrecker. I worked at the Mortlake brewery of Watney's in the 1970's and used to drool over a vehicle identical to the one pictured. Is it the very same one?

I absolutely love it.

Cheers

Chris

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55602[/ATTACH]

Hi Ross

I'm intrigued by the picture of the Watney's Diamond T wrecker. I worked at the Mortlake brewery of Watney's in the 1970's and used to drool over a vehicle identical to the one pictured. Is it the very same one?

I absolutely love it.

Cheers

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

We got back from the East Coast Military show located in Aberdeen MAryland today. I took the Ward LaFrance and Diamond T 969A to the show. We demonstrated the boom operation on the Diamond T , winching a Hobart generator out of a Ben Hur and winching a CCKW. The Ward won the Chief Judge's award. Use the link to view the pictures.

http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/showgallery.php?cat=3774

John G

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have a diagram showing the head bolts tightening sequence for the Rolls C6.

Looks like the O ring where the oil way goes from the block up to the head has failed.

No water loss just oil weeping down the block.

Just steam cleaned it now looks like it needs doing again!

Does anyone have a diagram showing the head bolts tightening sequence for the Rolls C6.

Looks like the O ring where the oil way goes from the block up to the head has failed.

No water loss just oil weeping down the block.

Just steam cleaned it now looks like it needs doing again!

Ask Graham Booth.

I have the C6 servicing manual with the relevant torques and sequence, PM me your email address and I will try to scan the pages.

It looks like the oil feed to the valve gear is via a hollow stud halfway along each head on the left side just above the camshaft but I can find no indication of an O ring, just the head gasket.

Edited by radiomike7

Thanks for your help.

I was looking for something completely irrelevant earlier and stumbled upon my own c6 service manual.

Moral of the story, if it's lost, look for something else first.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, a few photos of a diamond and rogers trailer destined for the new museum at catz to sit alongside the m26 and trailer, the rogers trailer has brake drum problems so i have put mathew of paratrooper vehicles in touch with a mate of mine in the uk who has some drums, hope of interest, tony g.

DT at Catz 2.jpg

DT Trailer at Catz 3.jpg

DT at Catz.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hi a friend of mine who had a transport business near paris has sadly passed away and his wife is selling the business including the company diamond t, it is fitted with a cummins 220 and is all up and running, if anybody is interested you can contact me here on private message, hope of interest, tony g.

Pierre DT.jpg