Scammell Constructor Gallery.

:rotfl:

Just one addendum....

"Of course the final decision will remain between yourself and Mr. Crouch at the Scammell Rescue Centre....and that unforgiving bar-steward at the divorce solicitors!!!"

Scammell Adoption Department

Patron: 6x6

Chairman: Gritineye

Regional Director North: Croc

Regional Director South: AndyFowler

Dear Plantters,

Further to your application for an additional fostering licence, I am pleased to advise that the SAD Board have determined you be an ideal candidate to foster an ex. RAF Constructor. Your tireless and admirable work with wayward Scammells to date certainly impressed the Board and was instrumental in persuading them of your suitablility to care for yet another vehicle.

Of course the final decision will remain between yourself and Mr. Crouch at the Scammell Rescue Centre - and we acknowledge the enormity of the decision facing you. Fortuantely, Constructors have proved themselves to be adaptable and friendly toward others of the marque, so you should not experience any compatibility issues with your existing fleet.

Do please let us know should you proceed with the adoption.

Yours sincerely,

N.O.S.

Clerk to SAD

okay, i'm dumb but why is an RAF ?? AN ?? 30 tonner in Bronze green with a BT reg?

The Royal Engineers took over Airfield Construction in 1965 and acquired ex RAF equipment, renumbered into army

stock. I have a picture of one 20BT82 . magpie

The Royal Engineers took over Airfield Construction in 1965 and acquired ex RAF equipment, renumbered into army

stock. I have a picture of one 20BT82 . magpie

Oh heck, that's a new one, Magpie! Looks like an early, maybe 1965, transfer - we were aware of transfers from 1966 onwards.

I have, thanks to some research carried out by an ex ACB chap, a list of 8 which were allocatd army reg. numbers, together with transfer/disposal dates. There is no evidence that all were transferred and/or received new reg. numbers.

Some would have been abroad at the time of transfer into army stock (and we know some were ultimately disposed of abroad still in RAF livery - Cyprus being an example), which might help explain the out-of-sequence army registration / transfer dates. In three cases of the 8 the RAF number is not recorded.

The numbers of the 7 known transfered between March 1966 and August 1967 are all 21BTXX, the one known transfer in 1968 receiving 24BT37. There are also 7 Cranes trailers known to have received army numbers, again 6 transferred 1968 with 21BTXX and one in 1968 again with 24BTXX number.

Matching the 20 chassis numbers (10571 - 10590) with RAF reg. numbers (the ones we have fall within 60AN34 and 60AN51) is a bit problematical, one has to make an assumption that they were applied sequentially and we need more confirmed links to be certain.

Best guess is 10571 = 60AN32, through to 10590 = 60AN51. Army numbers were allocated at transfer date so there is no correlation between these and the RAF numbering sequence. If anyone can provide more info or evidence of chassis no / RAF reg links I'd be pleased to hear from you.

OMG who woke me up?

Thanks, Andy.....

:saluting:

If only !:D:nut::nut::D

That's my old one Andy, see post 573 on page 58 of this board. It has been parked outside for about 11 years which has let it deteriorate rather badly and I suspect it has done a fair few miles as all the tyres were brand new when I sold it.

That's my old one Andy, see post 573 on page 58 of this board. It has been parked outside for about 11 years which has let it deteriorate rather badly and I suspect it has done a fair few miles as all the tyres were brand new when I sold it.

Thought it may have been Mike ! Quite a rare beast now ! Hope she gets an owner who preserves her in the dry !:D

Thought it may have been Mike ! Quite a rare beast now ! Hope she gets an owner who preserves her in the dry !:D

Hi all just looked back at ref page 58 Herman Q807HNG is in our yard we saved it about 7 years ago from the gas axe its a tad rough but is savable it was a gun tractor any one interested PM me.

Hi All, Steve Guest is your man,currently retired from Scammell ownership , I bought his ex Cyprus constructor two years ago and last year the lowloader and dolly which is a Jauns trailer.

30 T Constructor just going in the shed to commence battle with my wallet.

Amazon Joe, is the rear prop on your new purchase? i recall Steve having axle vibration and removing it for a more luxurious journey!!

Hi All, Steve Guest is your man,currently retired from Scammell ownership , I bought his ex Cyprus constructor two years ago and last year the lowloader and dolly which is a Jauns trailer.

30 T Constructor just going in the shed to commence battle with my wallet.

Amazon Joe, is the rear prop on your new purchase? i recall Steve having axle vibration and removing it for a more luxurious journey!!

not picked it up yet had to work all weekend will see on wednesday.

anyone got a spare ? if required.

No longer on Milweb ! Hope the new owner looks after her !:-D

it will be joining lots of other scammells in the scammell shed

45t chain drive

pioneer

amazon

65t highwayman

65t detroit crusader

crusader eka ex fvrde

a little bit of watford lives on in northamptonshire :-D