Scammell Constructor Gallery.

Im looking forward to many hours of doing just that!... :sweat::-D:-D

Anyone any idea of the weight of this one? I seem to be getting some conflicting figures :???

The RE 6x6 with C6NFL, Scammell winch, 5th wheel, steel lockers, hydraulic pump etc weighed almost exactly 15 tons if that helps. The basic chassis and cab on yours is the same so as a bare chassis cab I would think about 13 tons. If you are arranging a low loader don't forget to tell them it is almost 9.5ft wide.

The RE 6x6 with C6NFL, Scammell winch, 5th wheel, steel lockers, hydraulic pump etc weighed almost exactly 15 tons if that helps. The basic chassis and cab on yours is the same so as a bare chassis cab I would think about 13 tons. If you are arranging a low loader don't forget to tell them it is almost 9.5ft wide.

Thanks for that Mike..... Looks like a job for a Crusader / EKA :-D

Thanks for that Mike..... Looks like a job for a Crusader / EKA :-D

If you do win the bidding, and decide to collect it on suspend tow do not forget to allow plenty of time to disconnect those 2 rear props. With regards to the weight suggested earlier, as it is a Super Constructor I think the weight will be nearer 15 tonnes.

Should you require a 5th wheel coupling to go on it let me know as I have an ex-Crusader 35T tractor one avaliable (3.5 inch pin) complete with its mounting frame which will easily modify to fit.

John.

If you do win the bidding, and decide to collect it on suspend tow do not forget to allow plenty of time to disconnect those 2 rear props. With regards to the weight suggested earlier, as it is a Super Constructor I think the weight will be nearer 15 tonnes.

Should you require a 5th wheel coupling to go on it let me know as I have an ex-Crusader 35T tractor one avaliable (3.5 inch pin) complete with its mounting frame which will easily modify to fit.

John.

John, Many thanks for that.

It has now been won! and just working on the collection side of things.

The 5th wheel will very much be of interest to me as will a "period" winch which was originally fitted behind the cab.

My Crusader is happy upto to about 16 Tonnes on an underlift / suspended so will allow plenty of time for prop removal etc.

Not sure that the 200 mile (Each way) trip will do much for free flowing traffic on the M6 / M1 but it will certainly be a sight to see!

Many thanks again.

Nigel

John, Many thanks for that.

It has now been won! and just working on the collection side of things.

The 5th wheel will very much be of interest to me as will a "period" winch which was originally fitted behind the cab.

My Crusader is happy upto to about 16 Tonnes on an underlift / suspended so will allow plenty of time for prop removal etc.

Not sure that the 200 mile (Each way) trip will do much for free flowing traffic on the M6 / M1 but it will certainly be a sight to see!

Many thanks again.

Nigel

Let me know when you are going to Grahams to collect, depending when it is I may come over and take some pictures.

I do not have a Scammell/Wild which would be the correct mechanical winch for this truck, but if you want a later hydraulic one I do have an ex-Crusader Plummett complete with hydraulic tank and spool valve.

John Riley.

Let me know when you are going to Grahams to collect, depending when it is I may come over and take some pictures.

I do not have a Scammell/Wild which would be the correct mechanical winch for this truck, but if you want a later hydraulic one I do have an ex-Crusader Plummett complete with hydraulic tank and spool valve.

John Riley.

Brilliant!

I am hoping to organise the pick up later this week but will let you know as soon as I can.

I take it you are not far from Grahams place so may be worth discussing the 5th wheel etc before I come up to avoid a double trip at a later date....

Will keep you posted.

Thanks

Nigel

Front axle weight unladen 6,554kgs = 6.45 tons

hope this helps

Clive

Cheers Clive,

As long as I can hook her up without using the extension, which I think I can, then we are wll within spec on the lifting capacity.

That said I am wondering if a rear lift might be the better option. Have a feeling it will be a suck it and see job on arrival....

Last big one we pulled in with the old girl was a partially freighted 6x4 dustcart which weighed in at just over 17T and she wasnt bothered by that!

Maybe see you later this week?

All the best

Nigel

Front axle weight unladen 6,554kgs = 6.45 tons

hope this helps

Clive

Clive that is exactly the same weight as given for the RE one, the only other bit that may weigh more is the SCG gearbox. AFAIK the rest of the chassis and running gear is the same, or have I missed something?

Nigel, the Crusader 5th wheel is almost exactly the same as the older ones and will be fine. The correct frame bolts to the top flange of the chassis and I can draw you a plan of what it looks like should you need to make one.

Brilliant!

I am hoping to organise the pick up later this week but will let you know as soon as I can.

I take it you are not far from Grahams place so may be worth discussing the 5th wheel etc before I come up to avoid a double trip at a later date....

Will keep you posted.

Thanks

Nigel

I am in Stockport, about 40 miles south east of Southport. Here are some pictures of the coupling sorry about the quality but there is a Crusader day cab sat on top of it. It was sandblasted and primed about 2 years ago. If you want it and you would like me to take it over to Grahams before or if convenient for me as you are collecting the Constructor let me know. I have also sent you a PM.

Crusader 5th wheel 001.jpg

Crusader 5th wheel 003.jpg

Congratulations Nigel ! I'm not jealous really !!!!!! I look forward to seeing some more pics of the journey home ! I would be very happy sitting in traffic behind that combination but then I am nut for Scammells !:-D Have you seen the photo of the EKA towing the burnt out Antar ! Constructor should be a breeze !:-D Well done mate ! Andy !

Anyone know anything about this Constructor or have the magazine close to hand which ran an article on it a few years back as Dave Godley has posted Terry Partridges pictures on CCMV and would like to know ? :-D I think it was used for testing road surface grip levels but memory is not what it used to be ! :confused: ScammellJuniorConstructor2TGP.jpgScammellJuniorConstructorTGP.jpg

hey people look wot i found out and about on my travles i cant disclose the location on the open forum as it mite get me into a lot of trouble but i thort i better do my bit queen country and scammell if any one wants to know the little information on its location please PM me

005.jpg

Edited by younggun

I am in Stockport, about 40 miles south east of Southport. Here are some pictures of the coupling sorry about the quality but there is a Crusader day cab sat on top of it. It was sandblasted and primed about 2 years ago. If you want it and you would like me to take it over to Grahams before or if convenient for me as you are collecting the Constructor let me know. I have also sent you a PM.

Your Constructor now has a 5th wheel as of yesterday morning !

Graham booths 001.jpg

Graham booths 003.jpg

Thanks Antar, its now back in my yard complete with the truck. :)

As they always say, the cheques in the post....:coffee:

It was a long haul up there and an even longer one back but the grin on my face says it was all worth it.

lining_up2.jpg

lifted2.jpg

Couple of pre flight checks before heading out on the motorway and we were off!

final_checks4.jpg

not_even_houdini.jpg

Several hours and a sore bum later......

home_at_last_2.jpg

More pictures etc for anyone that wants to see them on my Crusader Web Site.....

Andy, You were right, it didnt even know it had it on... Only took it slow because I didn't want to boil what little oil there was in the front hubs!!!! :banana: