Scammell Pioneer Gallery

Nice Pics CW ! I drove all the way to this firms yard last year to buy a spare gearbox for Daisy ! Lovely bloke ! Just wish I'd had more time to spare when there as he had loads of great stories ! Has a nice big shed with an Explorer,Antar,Martian,mint Humber 1 ton GS,Scammell S26 and a couple of Crusaders ! Still uses the Explorer occasionally to recover military vehicles for the Army ! There is an article about them in January's Heritage Commercial magazine No229 if you are interested ! He did regret selling this Pioneer apparently ! :-D

But that are the only to pictures I have ever seen of them, and from what I know, they went out of service when we got the Diamonds. But have heard stories about them being used for hauling Centurions.

I have some pictures of danish used pioneers, I think that the army had 8 of them.

[COL

I have some pictures of danish used pioneers, I think that the army had 8 of them.

It would be very interesting to see these pictures if possible.

Niels, what is the history of your own Pioneer ? Have you been able to find out much about it ? Cheers.

Another pic I found a while ago on the web Neils, strangely does not seem to be on the site written on the pic any more.

scammelltrmu30.jpg

What an enormous wooden structure in the background. An aircraft hanger or simply a very large storage shed ?

Hi

I know the final place that my scammell was used, it was at a shoting range, where it was used to haule tagets properly, around 1973, and in 63 it served with a recovery section this was on the island Bornholm.

This is what I know for certain.

it has never been registred, and havent found out yet when it was sold.

it is named MONTY, but might before have been named Jumbo.

The big wood thing could bee a aircradt hanger, as all the vehicles bought from the British was brought to an airfield and rebuild and serviced before they put into service.

The TRMU 30 served with the royal Hussar regiment, and there no hangers like that at the regiments barracks.

41.683.jpg

82.197 2.jpg

82.944 ghrhs.JPG

89.241.jpg

82.197.jpg

89.24X.jpg

1946%20056-2.jpg

scammel 89.245 BJ.JPG

scammell pioneer sv2s_2 ghrhs.JPG

Scammell SV2S KEH via OW.jpg

OP IGEN.JPG

One thing I know about the danish Scammells, is that in late 40s and early fifties, they where mostly used for getting Humber AC back on their feet.

I have an 82 year old x M10 squadron commander, helping me with the restoration of the Humbers, he has some great stories about the scammells and all the other ww2 british vehicles that the Danish army used.