Scammell Pioneer Gallery

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I just noticed something on my Scammell, it has a vertical wheel above the rear winch outtake, is this a mod? Because haven’t been able to find it on any other that I have pictures of.

Cheers

I have marked it with a red cirkel

odd.JPG

Hi Richard

Yes that is correct, the rollers are missing, but I think that is due to some damage, it looks that way.

So I am looking for a set if any one has spare ones.

It seems that the vertical wheel sits where there normally is a box.

Cheers

I was in Sheffield on Sunday and while driving around noticed a yard with some old lorries in it. I decided to stop and have a look and attached are two pics that I took on my phone. The yard was S Harrison & Sons and I think they are/were road hauliers.

I couldnt get any closer, but I'm sure that the white lorry is a Pioneer (without an engine I must add). There was also five Scammell Highwaymans in the open and also from what I could see at least two covered up along with an Albion which was in an open fronted shed.

That's correct. I was given their phone number about 5 or 6 yrs ago when looking for parts for the Explorer. I think it's Sydney Harrison (memory not what it should be). They were incredibly helpful and although they had no Explorer bits, they did tell me they had a few Pioneer odds and ends and bits for some of the more 'road going' models like the Highwayman. They seemed to be genuine enthusiasts willing to help someone else keep a Scammell alive. Hope this helps. Daz

ill see wot i can do bernard i know graham booth well ill be down dorset tonite if all goes to plan

Graham Booth is my uncle, still need those pics? If so let us know.

Here is a Pioneer recently back on the rally scene.

Registration TVS 724.

Was restored back in the mid 80's by Graham into Desert colours.

scammellpioneer.jpg

Here it is with the engine out. It was then sold to Audsleys to use as a rolling advert (they also had a Diamond T!).

Audsleyscammell.jpg

AudsleysScam.jpg

After being forgotten about in the corner of there yard for about 10 years, it was restored again....

And here is how she stands now. Very impressive looking Scammell.

scammell__ploughing_engine_at_cara.jpg

hpim0068ol1.jpg

Graham Booth is my uncle, still need those pics? If so let us know.

scammell__ploughing_engine_at_cara.jpg

Yes please Austin, it's just the clutch bell houseing and how it has been converted I'm interested in, as I think mine could do with some improvement, no rush, thanks. That's some anchor on the back :shocked:

What a beauty Austin ! With your family connections shouldn't you have a Scammell as well ! Lovely photos please keep em coming ! :-D

I'd love one, I'll be going to check one this week, its about 10 miles away at a saw mill. I havent seen it yet but the guy who told me doesnt know whether its a Pongo or Explorer but it hasnt moved for 10+ years.

Fingers crossed.