Tankfest 2008 - British armour!

Apparently it is ll down to space available (or lack of) as the camping area has been built on now.

But i belive `living history` groups present more of a show and bring more public in.

Ashley

Apparently it is ll down to space available (or lack of) as the camping area has been built on now.

But i belive `living history` groups present more of a show and bring more public in.

Ashley

Tend to agree with you there, Ashley;

I think folks like to see vehicles with period kit, scattered around them, and bods in uniform, who are 'aproachable', and keen to explain etc.

Would love to have MW down there, for this event,.esp as it carries 11th Armoured Div markings, but time and money prevents it;.......looking to be a MOP in HMVF polo shirt,............instead. :-D

• 2 weeks later...

I will be there on the Sunday to see the Crusader mainly, hope to see some of you guys and your kit there:shocked:

I may also go up to Blandford Camp on the Saturday if I can snatch a lift.

Edited by Hawk
Added stuff about Balndford Camp.

I got really sunburnt - is that supposed to happen at summer shows???? I ain't used to sun coming out stuff :cool2::???

Good to see Great War Truck and Greater War Truck, always a pleasure and the Cubes were on form and glad we put the world to rights :argh::argh:

It was great to see you Jack, i am still laughing. The entrprenurial ideas that you have Jack! Quite amazing. I just wonder what you are going to come up with next.

I wont bombard you with photos, but there were a couple of things that were of special interest to me. This cracking Matchless combination.

Bovington2008003.jpg

Amazing that it survived so well. A beautiful machine and a fantastic restoration.

I also managed to get a ride on this 1918 US Army Holt gun tractor around the Arena.

DSCN7693.jpg

That was despite the powers that be trying to get me not to.

Have you filled in a Health and Safety form?

Have you signed the disclaimer?

Do you have green overalls as you look out of place?

Can you squat down so as not to be so obvious?

I did actually change sides of the machine so as to be invisible to the audience. then the machine went around the other way than i expected and i was in full view of the crowd. Whoops. Sorry if i spoiled your photos everbody. I am sure the magazines will be able to airbrush me out.

DSCN7689.jpg

"Dont you know how much this jacket cost?"

Tim (too)

Edited by Great War truck

Good stuff Tim and we all saw you up on there - your A2 jacket just didn't fit in with the period of that machine. I did however witness loads of women taking their underwear off and throwing it into the arena as you went by.......something was right somewhere!

Not to sure where my ideas come from - its like someone talks to me.

Wow, great photos Tim - do you have anymore of the WW1 stuff there? Quite a few guys I know were there, wish I could have made it myself - if I knew there was going to be a Holt there, i'd have walked from Leicestershire!

Wow, great photos Tim - do you have anymore of the WW1 stuff there? Quite a few guys I know were there, wish I could have made it myself - if I knew there was going to be a Holt there, i'd have walked from Leicestershire!

That was the only WW1 stuff that was not in the museum. The RR did a circuit too which was nice.

I only went to see the Holt, the Matchless was a bonus. I had seen everything else before and although interesting i didnt get all that excited to see it again.

In fact (and you heard it here first), the other 1918 Holt 75 has just completed its restoration and it looks magnificent. It must have cost the owner a good pile to do. It is also back in its original WD scheme. I expect you will see some photos of it somewhere soon.

Tim (too)