Tankfest 2008 - British armour!

Tankfest 2008* The most explosive weekend in Dorset!

Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th June.

Bit of a conflict here as this date clashes with Kemble & Royal Signals at Blandford................... what is a person supposed to do :confused: here we are, 5 min drive from Bovi, armour plated, and best of all...... BRITISH ................

The whole place currently looks like a First World War Battle Field turned into a sea of mud by the builders. The grass area by the side of the museum is fenced off and is currently the builders compound.

Quite how they will arrange things this year will be interesting.

The whole place currently looks like a First World War Battle Field turned into a sea of mud by the builders. The grass area by the side of the museum is fenced off and is currently the builders compound.

Quite how they will arrange things this year will be interesting.

Why are you worried about a 'Sea of Mud'? We coped alright at Beltring last year.....

Im planing to be there for the week helping out in the workshops to get things ready. John Pearson from this forum and his son colin will be also there during the week. There will be alot of freinds of the tank museum working in the workshops helping to get things running ok.I hope its alot dryer this year!

Big Al

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

My Pals in the 1st war re enactors said it was the most realistic and best beltring ever,there hoping its not to dry this year,

John,

I'm assuming 'the action' will be taking place in the arena area,......there are the stalls and vehicle displays/related camping goimg to be,.........last time I was down there, (last year) the place looked like a bomb site.

Andy

Just yesterday(ish) the museum sent me the latest Tank Times, focusing on Tankfest. It features an aerial photo of the site and I have to say it appears that the building has totally subsumed the car park.

I'd hate to think that following the demise of the Junior Leader Regiment RAC in the barracks over the road, they might have flattened the old barracks on the other side of the road to make a new car park.

I am sure a lot of Boy Brats Alumni would have something to say. Even if it were the logical thing to do of course.

• 2 weeks later...

I was planning on going - but those plans just got shot down tonight!! :cry: :cry:

The wife is registered for a charity event that was scheduled for the 15th - but the organisers have only just cottoned on to the fact that it clashes with Fathers Day so the event has been rescheduled - to this weekend!! MWAH!!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...