Matador Gallery

I snapped this nice example at a vehicle show at the Durham light infantry museum in 2009

That one belongs to Denny Thompson from Rothbury, he does more miles in it in a year than some people do in there cars!

Was that the big bloke i seen with fore arms like popeye :D.. Im 6ft 3 and standing next to it made me look small . It was in very good condition for its age . So doff my cap to Mr Thompson ..

Talking about nice fellas. If you come on Denny Thompson at one of the many shows he attends, go up and have a word with him. He has/had two restored Matadors and probably another few for spares.

He's an excellent fellow and an absolute fount of knowledge.

He used to have a beautiful Diamond T 980/981 hard top too, amongst other things.

I have to be another voice to bring back Antar Mike as his knowledge is now a sad loss to the input of this forum.

Surely some amical solution could have been thrashed out to keep everyone happy?

Apologies if this goes slightly off topic.

Regards,

Mike.

Not sure if this one has appeared in the gallery as not actually been through it all!! Currently stored at the same place my Martian is. ex recovery vehicle possibly somewhere in Wales, and at some point been in a ditch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49269[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49270[/ATTACH]

My truck is hiding under the tarpaulin on the right.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49271[/ATTACH]

Is this the Ex Western Welsh one Steve Richards had?

• 3 weeks later...
Did anyone on here buy the Matador, restored as a Wynn's tackle truck, which was in the online auction at Bradford ending this morning?

Looks like a MJ body on the back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53996[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53998[/ATTACH]

Here it is at Llandudno in 2010.

Very nice, let's hope it's gone to a good home.

This AEC was used as the Duxford Museum Rransport many years ago, not sure what chassic was used, but teh driver appears to be sitting sideways on half way down the rear of the truck.[ATTACH=CONFIG]50468[/ATTACH]

There were 2 of these miniature Matadors built for Duxford by Lion Cars. The chassis were purpose built, the engine & transmission are from a BL mini and the axles are Vauxhall/Bedford HA. Both still exist and are currently 12 miles from where I live. I keep asking the owner when they will come out of hibernation but never get a straight answer. The driver is sitting across the vehicle, and as you can imagine they are not very easy to drive

• 2 months later...