Plain invasion 2008

SPTA team

Thats certainly an option Dave!!

Thing is - I'm all psyched up to get to use the OT after both the long wait to get it and the "interesting times" I've been through over the last few months.

To get this close then find it may well not happen despite all my best efforts is a real gut-wrencher mate, it really is!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know neil i was like that last year:cry::cry::cry:

but you would be able to use it at the bunker bash and have a play then:yay::yay::yay:

you can always come out on the convoys with me and the wife and daughter can go in the rear if they want

better safe than sorry

heres hoping you can get the details of the ot90 to the dvla and get a set of plates straight away

Neil the thing is mate as this event is being held on Military land and I have had to sell my soul to get what I want. Like last year, were ever we went we were being watched and things were being logged. The same will happen this year and for many years to come. Something else I must say regarding the ranges, the Army are trying to dig up every bit of c**p they can to shut the ranges down to the public. I for one don't want to be on the receiving end of such actions nor any of my team.

Im 100& sure if you have to come down in a car there will be plenty of room in some ones vehicle for you and the girls.

All the best and hope to see you soon.

Don't worry mate - if it can't be used without issues to anyone then it won't.

I'll move heaven and earth to get it registered/taxed in time.

If I fail then either it won't be there or, if it's too late to cancel the low-loader, it'll just sit where it's off-loaded for the weekend. If nothing else people will get a chance for a good look!

Just realized I've also got to sort out the first MOT for my vehicle and need to get to a class VII testing station (Ford F-250) - think I'm going to busy next week!!! :)

Neil, if you end up in a DVLA office with all your registration papers, make sure that you have the phone number of place that can make number plates for you, in the event that you manage to get it registered, you can pick up your plates on the way home!

When i registered my 101 years ago, they were completely confused by it being ex military, but as i had all the correct forms and associated paperwork, they registered it. i ordered my plates on the way ack to work, and they were waiting for me when i got there.

Tony

Whats the plan for the weekend as regards driving out,rough mileage,etc, just need to know how much fuel etc to bring:??? Trying to be organised and it,s not working much:red:

Is it right that Roy is giving away free beer the weekend:beer::rofl:

DaveP

Dave, the mileage will go on what time we get up sort brekkies and do all the security checks. We have routes layed out which I will go through with eveyone when they are settled. As for Roy giving away free beer, its only the warm stuff. Any news on Dougie?

Tony

I presume it will be somewhere around the same sort of mileage as last year,I think I clocked 40 miles.. ish.:-D

I don't know what Dougy's plans are, you obviously aren't talking enough dirt and filth to him,he needs more working on:n00b:

All being well, I'll see you Sat morning although there's plenty of time for things to go t--s up yet:cool2:

DaveP

Best I chuck a few spare jerry cans on board or it could be embarrasing:red::rofl:might end up having to be rescued by something American:shocking:

DaveP

That Sir, is the kind of slur which will leave you stranded. Be sure to count the amount of stars on my American flag as I pass you by.

Markheliops