croc

Scammell Explorer Gallery

is it me ?? i cant veiw the attachments

fixed!!

Younggun at the head of the land train at Banbury today:

095_zps28d8c640.jpg

Nice photo mate , bet Nick would like a copy for his bedside cabinet ! :-D

Never mind Nikki i would too! thats nice!

Whats the tonnage hes pulling there??

this run was about 200 ton,ran outve room on memory card to get the last run in but they did it!

you can hear the commentry on this vid,the previous runs are also in the albumn

https://plus.google.com/photos/100646892131776028079/albums/5894934120205082465?authkey=CKyUqcqc8qvhBg#photos/100646892131776028079/albums/5894934120205082465/5894937138743963266?authkey=CKyUqcqc8qvhBg&pid=5894937138743963266&oid=100646892131776028079

You should have been there Sunday, almost every big vehicle coupled up being pulled by Micks Drops conversion, over 300 tons! Sorry I couldn't take a picture but I was being towed around in the "train". He is braver than me with that auto gearbox, I wouldn't have liked to try it.

heres hoping someones got a photo or the oficial dvd will show it,wish id gone sunday aswell now!

I will post a video up once I get round to uploading it. I think there was a total of 19 vehicles on the last run on Sunday. Fantastic display.

Heres some more of them moving pictures for you gents ;)

[video=youtube;7yqR02wC-88]

Little bit of Explorer action in this video ! :-D Something went wrong...

This what you wanted to post bud:

????

Hi Nick , you have to be patient and wait til after the first few vehicles have negotiated the hairpin ! :cool2:

Hi Nick , you have to be patient and wait til after the first few vehicles have negotiated the hairpin ! :cool2:

aye just ya link didnt work lol

aye just ya link didnt work lol

Ah yes ! Bloody modern technology , just when I get the hang of it some bright spark has to update something and ruin it all ! :-D

Hi Andy! That was a good old Norfolk motor.

Ivan Chubbock had this and also another de-mobbed green one which he was intending to re-engine with a 680. This one he said once did battle with a Big A fertiliser spreader - the Scammell won, but only after it had been dragged backwards up to its lockers in the wet field....

Whilst it looks in a bit of a state, a period of stripping down, shot blasting & painting would I presume improve things no end, if only I could persuade the other half to let me have it as a project..

The eBay description says Meadows Diesel, so at least it's not a thirsty petrol!

Hmmm I am tempted.

Hi thought It would be good to post it on here as most of you know a thing on two about explorer and there wicked ways so does any one know what type of wood was originally used for the rear boxes as I need to replace some of the wood as half of its rotten and some of its can be reused hope someone can answer my question.

Thanks shawn

Edited by shawn