Scammell Explorer Gallery

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, still got mine yours if you want it Andy.

Antar, the diameter is 16"

Thank you all for your advice , always nice to have other opinions ! I'll buy that from you if thats ok Bernard !:beer: I'll ring you today to arrange a convenient day to collect ! Tony , please don't scrap the Meadows from the Constructor until I've scavanged any serviceable goodies ! You can never have too many spares :nut:

Good to see that Thor is staying on hmvf. I was down at Ian's last week to pick up a couple of spare parts for my Scammell's and he mentioned that it was sold and off to new home soon. Good luck with the trip home and hope to see it out at a few shows.

Regards

Ed

I've bought "Thor" from Ian, picking it up saturday, cant wait.... :D

enjoy the trip home i well remember the journey home in mine im sure you will have a stupidly wide grin all the way might i ask what part of the world will thor be living in ? and please dont take too many of ians spares pile with you lol have fun

andy

You could just have the center plate re lined....and skim the pressure plate....Or do what i did and bung it all back how it is.....I suspect the need for a new clutch is all the off road hammer and heavy towing you have planned...I look forward to the pictures of her on her side in mud filled ditch with you stood on the passenger door grinning.....:-D

Here's a selection of photo's very kindly given to me by ex-REME Recovery Mechanic Ron Stephenson. They are all from around 1964 in Aden, and I think show the Explorer's how they really were used in service, i.e; doors off, front wings removed, and even extra weights mounted on the front. Enjoy!!!

Aden009.jpg

Aden004.jpg

Aden040.jpg

Aden038.jpg

Aden037.jpg

Aden030.jpg

thanks mate , it just seemed a big jump from BD to BP there is 1 more i know for thats 01 BP 80 (esu 197 ) whitch is chasiss 9211 ,yes the pink 1 on ebay a while back

I recall from my work experience of them when they were in service, that there were several contracts and a number of differences between them. I would think that any with BP reg are the last ones.