Scammell Explorer Gallery

Seeing as it is fairly unlikely there is another with a similar front end I reckon it should be kept on. No reason you shouldn't register for film work. How much are high ratio diffs though?- didn't the Duel truck have to catch the car in front....? :drive::D:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little smoky and could do with a new paint job! Bloody Garner Engine it's got to go...

Is that a 5LW? Difficult to see in the pics. Would certainly explain how they managed to fit it in!

Smokey? Nothing new for a Gardner, but a lttle VIM through the air intake might help :cool2:

A Gardener eh.....? Keep it, trouble free motoring for ever....:-D Oh yeah...take the pipes of the rear axle oil cooler and make sure its pumping oil round before you go to far..

Edited by rbrtcrowther

OMG, I'm really not sure I'd have the courage to do it :shake:

A very experienced old chap I know has had great success with it - he called round yesterday and I was talking about this very topic, saying I'd be worried about putting too much in. He says little and often. If I was going to try it I'd get him to do it. Are you feeling brave? :cheesy:

A little smoky and could do with a new paint job! Bloody Garner Engine it's got to go....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48915[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48916[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48917[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48918[/ATTACH]

ahhh i was woundering what happend to this explorer i remmber going to look at it before i got mine was up doncaster way if i remmber in some old boys back garden .

i am pritty sure u are but ill check anyway are u the gentleman me and bernard were talking to at war and peac ? if so robs wasting his time trying to convince u to keep the gardner . u have allready been shown the path to somke free motering .:cool2:

Edited by younggun

OMG, I'm really not sure I'd have the courage to do it :shake:

A very experienced old chap I know has had great success with it - he called round yesterday and I was talking about this very topic, saying I'd be worried about putting too much in. He says little and often. If I was going to try it I'd get him to do it. Are you feeling brave? :cheesy:

Tony,

Been there, done that and it works! Forgotten what engine it was now, but one of my colleagues at a previous workshop showed me, and he was a stickler for doing things right. Apparantly John Deere used a compound for doing this, probably more expensive the Vim though.

Thanks Richard, the danger of posting odd snippets of wierd information like this is that you can end up with a reputation for being a nut case :nut::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Edited by N.O.S.
More bananas!

Yep, that's the one.... ;) :cool2:

Also yes it does sound like the one you have seen because the docs I got with it list the previous owner as being in Doncaster, also it was in Nottingham before that as I have got both previous names and addresses in some of the docs (ought to write to both to see if they are still around and can give me some info - always the possibility they have passed on and don't want to offend anyone though?)

Not meant to be touching it yet, but since war & peace I just couldn't help myself:-D reckon the wife hasn't noticed - YET!, but I did get her driving it on Sunday :shocked:

probably worth adding this in as well - Its reg is RFO 918, chassis no. 7879, vehicle no. 91 BD 81 and the winch is stamped with 18.06.1953 and I believe its spent some of its life with a fair or a circus? - (don't think the army normally used red, yellow and blue paint)

Edited by millmarsh

Not meant to be touching it yet, but since war & peace I just couldn't help myself:-D reckon the wife hasn't noticed - YET!, but I did get her driving it on Sunday :shocked:

Very nice to have met you at Belters and have a pleasant chat, we didn't mean to influence your restoration schedule, (well OK we did really!) but if we have, then can that be a bad thing?.......:D

Thanks for the info will update the index asp..

Yep, that's the one.... ;) :cool2:

Also yes it does sound like the one you have seen because the docs I got with it list the previous owner as being in Doncaster, also it was in Nottingham before that as I have got both previous names and addresses in some of the docs (ought to write to both to see if they are still around and can give me some info - always the possibility they have passed on and don't want to offend anyone though?)

probably worth adding this in as well - Its reg is RFO 918, chassis no. 7879, vehicle no. 91 BD 81 and the winch is stamped with 18.06.1953 and I believe its spent some of its life with a fair or a circus? - (don't think the army normally used red, yellow and blue paint)

yes i do belive it is the same one i went to look at the give away is the mk 1 air filters on a mk 2 :-) i had a little drive of it only forwards and backwards in his garden . yes i remember being told it spent some time on the fair and had two gen sets either side of the crane on the back body hence the orginal back body being missing . thats all i can remember being told about its history

Edited by younggun

• 3 weeks later...