Scammell Explorer Gallery

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are curretly driving FSJ 886 up the A1m north of hitchin having just collected from mayland yesterday Lol

Scammells are awesome!!!

Pete (slowly going deaf by leyland) Stevens

Ah! my mistake mate the Milweb one is the petrol one from Ebay ! :red: Hope you enjoy your new toy and keep us informed ! I think there was an article in the Scammell Register magazine when the previous owner had just bought it , I'll see if I can find it if you are interested ! Good luck and happy Scammelling ! :-D http://www.scammellregister.co.uk/index.htm

We are curretly driving FSJ 886 up the A1m north of hitchin having just collected from mayland yesterday Lol

Scammells are awesome!!!

Pete (slowly going deaf by leyland) Stevens

Great stuff Pete, are you there yet? ......................................PARDON?

Just keep on grinning:drive:......Oh and keep greasing that rear prop!:-D

I grease mine every 30 to 50 miles, for the first time in weeks I have a snow free, dry patch in the yard. I will be having a greasing session this afternoon, now that it has warmed up to -1

Welcome to the club mate ! I look forward to seeing some photos when you get time ! Do'es that reg no make her an Ex-RAF type ?:-D

From new an RAF Explorer would be ?? A? ?? for an RAF type Maybe ?? AN ?? Or ?? AV ??, something like that...

Edited by antarmike

it would be ?? A? ?? for an RAF type Maybe ?? AN ?? Or ?? AV ??, something like that...

There were a few RAF Explorers transfered to the Army and given BT numbers. I remember at least one coming through Workshops, I seem to think the cab interior could have been painted Eau-de-nil colour as often seen in RAF vehicle cabs.

I will try and get some pics sorted and online next week. It could well be ex RAF as i have found RAF blue/ Grey paint in on the rad and crane, overpainted with MOD green, although most of the chassie and inside the cab is green. The military reg No is stamped on a plate with the chassie number, and looks to be original. The chap i got it from told me it had come from REME, he fitted a Scania engine before using it on his farm and around the Hampshire/Surrey area, laying it up about 5 years ago. It has been given a Q registration, and i am told it was registered as a tractor, although will need to look into this as the logbook has been lost. So far thats all i know, but im sure more will come to light when i start work on it!