Question - happy with HMVF at the moment?

Jack

Gentleman? Where? :dunno: I think the modelers do deserve there own bit though.

Do we really want to turn this in to a modelers forum.... there's plenty of forums out there for that type of stuff..

Aviation section yes... for Mil stuff only though....

ok folks many thanks for the feedback and happy to go with the below but as always will need everyones input - if they don't work then we can pull them after a 6 week period:

Listings.

TV or radio programmes that may be of interest - I don't read papers so never know if anything is on....I only knew about the Time Watch programme because it was mentioned here.

WW1 vehicles.

Aviation

Again, we can always reviews these - we can add or take away.

Best wishes.

Jack.

Listings.

TV or radio programmes that may be of interest - I don't read papers so never know if anything is on....I only knew about the Time Watch programme because it was mentioned here.

History/Military related listings I presume :dunno: I don't think we need to know Albert Tatlock has run off with Hilda Ogden :whistle:

<snipped>

Listings.

Best wishes.

Jack.

If you want a program guide without bothering with papers Jack have a look here:

www.digiguide.com

It can either be accessed via the web or installed on a PC and you can search the program listings for key words related to Military topics (as opposed to Lee's fascination with soap opera's) then set reminders if so required.

History/Military related listings I presume :dunno: I don't think we need to know Albert Tatlock has run off with Hilda Ogden :whistle:

Showing your age now Lee, guessing your older than you look :whistle:

(and I thought JT was the oldests at 51)

.... happy to go with the below ...... if they don't work then we can pull them after a 6 week period:

Listings.

WW1 vehicles.

Aviation

Again, we can always reviews these - we can add or take away.

Best wishes.

Jack.

If a board is deleted through lack of interest/use, would the contents be deleted, or moved to one of the other boards? It would be a shame to loose good content.

Steve

I spend more time than I should on here!

Like to suggest a couple more sections. More will come to mind as I thinkof them!

Relatives page.

If anyone is looking for any info on a relative or particular unit, or help in tracing them.

Under new management .

Speaks for itself. Vehicles used by others than they were intended.

WW1 vehicles.

Vast subject, Ive only touched on and had interest myself recently.

Listings.

TV or radio programmes that may be of interest.

Rick W mentioned tracing relatives, a while ago there was a memorial stone that had been rescued and the entire history of the individual on it was found, all on here, absolutely fascinating!!, which has led me to go and find out some family history of my own, and would like to put out to some of the more experienced individuals to give me a hand with.

Also adds another dimension to vehicle ownership.

I think part of the pleasure of this forum is that no matter what the subject, we have the ability to cheerfully womble off at a tangent in whatsoever direction takes our fancy, long may it continue, Also long may the wisdom of the moderators last to temporally bring us back to the straight and narrow(till the next time) :hug:

John.

I think part of the pleasure of this forum is that no matter what the subject, we have the ability to cheerfully womble off at a tangent in whatsoever direction takes our fancy, long may it continue, Also long may the wisdom of the moderators last to temporally bring us back to the straight and narrow(till the next time) :hug:

John.

WOMBLE.......................Ahem, well thats me showing my age; :whistle:

Listings has been discussed by the mods team, as Joris has said; but it would have to be a team effort and should encompass Tv, film, talks, exhibs and shows - anything of use to us as a group. I suppose exhibs in the UK are of little use to the likes of abndeuce - but there is a lot we can do to share info.

I like the idea of expanding the battlefields and history thing, because I am not a spanner man by any means and know my supposed strengths.

All crtiticism of my reviews and waffle welcome.

MB