VCR Act Mk2??????

Marmite!!

IT really winds me up reading stuff like this, it's seems that the goverment want to stop law abiding people from doing anything!.

We, as a group are ordinary people who enjoy a hobby and cause no problems to anyone(that I know off) and yet we are constantly attacked by the goverment, it makes me so MAD!.

Is it any wonder record numbers of british people are leaving the country.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT really winds me up reading stuff like this, it's seems that the government want to stop law abiding people from doing anything!.

We, as a group are ordinary people who enjoy a hobby and cause no problems to anyone(that I know off) and yet we are constantly attacked by the government, it makes me so MAD!.

Is it any wonder record numbers of British people are leaving the country.

Ah but you see , we are not ordinary people as far as a government is concerned - we are misfits . Anybody who does not merge into the everyday conformist greyness keep their heads down and keep quiet is a nuisance needing to be legislated or taxed out of the way of all those nice normal people who do what they're told .

So then, consider how one vote's, and if I hear another person who say

'What's the point in voting, I won't make a difference'

' Who care's who's in their all the same'

I'll scream as it is normally these people who will be the 1st to grizzle about this and that.

Question these political Muppet's when they come to your door, I do and it makes for some enlightening conversation.

MOD EDIT

We live in a society where right and wrong no longer have clear cut lines, only the amount of votes in a ballot box, the size of the donation counts. :|

Cynical ? You bet :whistle:

We are as stated earlier misfits, who are 'tolerated' :? :?

If your law abiding and have a hobby that's a little different to the rest of society getting p***ed - watching eastenders as far as the government is concerned your a legitimate target for them to legislate against. To me it makes sense to lock my deac's away from view of the idiots that don't care if we lose r hobby as there only concern is where the next fix is coming from.

I'm all for having a licence to own a deac lock the things up treat as if it were live don't give em an excuse to take them away!

The nanny state is alive and well and itching to remove anything that might be dangerous and that might be enjoyable

Andy

I'm all for having a licence to own a deac lock the things up treat as if it were live don't give em an excuse to take them away!Andy

Andy

And whose going to be paying for said licence, (and there WILL be a cost).........We WILL !!

Yet another cost to be born, for something that is COMPLETELY LEGAL !!

Sorry, NO, I'm totally against licences, etc.

(and anyways, what do they prove ??....that the holder is entitled to posess such De-Act's...Who will be checking said licences, and where ??.........As it is when carrying said items we all, (or we all should be) have deact certificate for EACH weopen with us, to show anyone in authority.)

At the end of the day, the law abiding honest folk are (again) going to be the ones s*r*wed, as an easy touch, whilst those intent on breaking the law will carry on regardless.

Cor,........I've actually managed to keep politics out of this posting.......... :sweat: :whistle:

Andy, (as well)

Andy

At the end of the day, the law abiding honest folk are (again) going to be the ones s*r*wed, as an easy touch, whilst those intent on breaking the law will carry on regardless.

:

Andy, (as well)

So whats new? :-D

Not related to deacs, but this is the way things are going...

I took my 5 year old to a toy shop with some of her Xmas money the other day. Being much like her dad :whistle: she decided to buy a gun (part of sheriff set, all made of plastic). The store said they weren't allowed to sell it to her as she was under 18. :schocked: I was however, quite legally entitled to buy it for her with her money and give it to here there and then in the shop. Daft or what?

Be wery wery careful, you could be committing an offence as it is illeagl to 'give as presents' air weapons , firearms etc to kid's under certain ages. Mind you how many 18 year olds buy a toy sherrif set? According to those supposedly in charge they can buy illegal weapons on any street corner. Wish I knew the corner, it would be cheaper and easier than legally holding them. :dunno:

This country is going sorry let me rephrase that has gone absolutely potty I remember buying and playing with cap guns as bought from the paper shop round the corner. Did my parents think anything was wrong with that no.... it was a part of growing up cow boys and indians, climbing trees / lamp posts and conkers. I hope it's not just me but everywhere I look some liberal softy is spoiling r kids upbringing. Not meant to be political but :angry:

Going for a lie down winter cold has caught me and won't let me play

Andy

Merry new year to you all

If the council haven't chopped the trees down in case one drops a conker on someones head. Makes you wonder how we survived childhood. If I didn't come home covered in mud and bruises Mum would wonder what I'd been up to. learning to fall by deliberately jumping out of the back of a Land Rover, riding ponies flat out at rope hanging from a branch and cathing it on the way past. Oh dear, I was allowed to fire GUNS as well!!!!! Not to mention mooring boats 2 or 3 hundred yards out and swimming back to shore. And trying to push start a motorboat, but that's a diffrent tale.

Just read this....

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20080105/tuk-pledge-to-outlaw-deactivated-guns-6323e80_1.html

Will this government not stop. These knee jerk reactions are going to kill our hobby, and yet I cannot beleive it will have any affect on those scum that seem hell bent on killing each other.

How are we going to stand up to this, or is our hobby doomed. :angry:

So....whos got the address for the home secretary ........and how do we start a government pertition thingy....

I am serious...... its time we stopped talkin about it and started to make our voices heard...... otherwise these people will not stop until our hobby is in tatters......

They are not talking about banning deacs just converting all old spec guns to new specs...

Pointless starting any type of online petition until the Government starts the ball rolling & puts pen to paper...

its time we stopped talking about it and started to make our voices heard

They did hear & are well aware of the hobby that's why banning Deacs was taken out of the VCR Act completely...

I think they will go down the road of having to licence all deacs...which I totally agree with...

to start a petion go to http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/new

i don't know if this is right but should we do something like this

as members of various military groups that have rifles to accompany our vehicles and displays we are appalled by the idea that we should now lose our right to show the past in its true light

we all have the certificates to prove that these weapons are proved by the gun barrel prof house and have insurance against public liability for the shows

we believe that as we show how history was made we should not end up labeled the same as the criminals who disrespect the laws of this country

yours the few who hold the past sacred

They are not talking about banning deacs just converting all old spec guns to new specs...

Pointless starting any type of online petition until the Government starts the ball rolling & puts pen to paper...

They did hear & are well aware of the hobby that's why banning Deacs was taken out of the VCR Act completely...

I think they will go down the road of having to licence all deacs...which I totally agree with...

How will they know who has old or new spec de-acs? Dawn raids on anyone seen wearing a DPM jacket? And this is not meant as sarcasm!

How will they know who has old or new spec de-acs? Dawn raids on anyone seen wearing a DPM jacket? And this is not meant as sarcasm!

That's quite simple, they change the law requiring all deacs to be new spec & licenced.. it will be law that you re-submit them to be deactivated to current standards.. if you ignore the law you'll be guilty of a Firearms offence... Also if you put you've name to any of the online petitions against the VCR Act or any future petitions against banning deacs the will have a pretty good idea of who owns deacs...

I'd agree with some form of licensing - but forcing owners of old level deacts to have them converted to the latest seems to me to be excessive, possibly even a breach of the owners rights although that would require a legal opinion. And I'll bet that there would be a fee set by HMG for the conversion - and that the fee will be so high very, very few will be able to afford it!!

As others have said before, it would be better if our unloved leaders spent our tax monies on hammering the scum who use firearms illegally (IMO hanging them would be the ideal deterent but...) rather than soft-footing round them in case their rights get infringed.. >:( >:(

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this story, but it seems most appropriate;

have a look at;

http://www.lisburntoday.co.uk/latest-national-news/Pledge-to-outlaw-39deactivated39-guns.3644582.jp

and;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=QYFFPUIZTCRIFQFIQMGCFFWAVCBQUIV0?xml=/news/2008/01/06/ncrime106.xml

It looks like there will a renewed battle between legislators and re-enactors over the use/sale/display etc of Deac's.

Thoughts on a postcard.....

Keep 'em Rolling

S.

Mod Edit.. already a thread on this so have merged the topics

'Jacqui Smith, the Home Secretary, unveils plans today for a new crime crackdown.

Ms Smith also promises today to deal with the menace of deactivated guns.

The move comes at the request of police and will focus on deactivated guns made before 1995.

Ministers are now set to reclassify them as replica guns.'

The Home secretary said: " I will find a way to effectively ban those guns and get them out of circulation"

The highlighted sentence would suggest that they will become RIFs and fall under the VCR Act 2006. We already have a defence for transfer and acquisition & use in the Act.

From the Telegraph article:

The move comes at the request of the police and will focus on deactivated guns made before 1995 - when tough restrictions came in - but which can now be bought legally by criminals and easily converted into active weapons.

Ministers are now set to reclassify them as replica guns, which are already banned.

"I will find a way effectively to ban those guns and get them out of circulation," said Ms Smith.

So much for the freedom and rights of law abiding citizens. And this from the same stupid cow ultimately responsible for the loss of all that personal data recently.

Time she's finished all the old spec deacs will be in the hands of the crooks anyway. >:( >:(