US ww2 infantry bridge

martylee

• 5 months later...

Haven't been able to look at it yet, but will look at it in two weeks now. If it is in ok shape I'll buy it. Then I have to figure out the transportation.

Would be good fun for the summer, wouldn't it?

Marty

• 1 month later...

The bridge is rather expensive and the price demanded is about 120 euroes! ;-)

And I will make sure to post a few photos of the bridge on the nearby lake.

Tour of Norway, Jack? Anytime! And to be honest, I really think that you guys would enjoy a trip around Norway. Even without any majot battles there are some really intresting places to visit. Almost in every town around here there's some kind of old german buildings. Mostly barracks, but also buildings like cinemas and of course forts.

Marty

• 1 month later...

We picked up the bridge with a MAN truck yesterday and took it to my parents place where theres room and a LAKE!!!

Unfortunately the weather isn't that great and my GF has plans for us, so I won't be able to try it out until... At least this evening!

Relax, I'll take the camera with me. This is just sort of a teaser.

Marty

Have you done it yet, it's nearly 2 hours since

Yep, the garden is done now! But somehow I feel you were thinking of something different. And I don't think it was the pasta dinner I'm making either...

You guys better be patient!

Marty

I'm finally home after testing the bridge. I do belive I've kept you waiting long enough, so here's the promised photos. Hope they're not a disapointment after all this time...

We only put together a small part of it since the weather was like it was and I'm about to travel to Holland tomorrow morning. I said this was one bridge, but it more like one and a half.

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

Corporal Truls says the bridge is finished.

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

Here's me on the bridge as requested.

IMG_1648-1.jpg

Here is the remains of an earlier project.

Marty

I'm not sure I gave a reason why I bought this bridge. Do we really need one? Well, anyway we now have this yellow Jimmy which some day will become all green and nice. We need something in the back of it, at what better than a bridge. It fits perfect back there.

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1880-1.jpg

Marty