Helmet NI Police - not?

fv1609

Have a look at this;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Northern-Ireland-Police-Helmet-50s-Humber-Pig-Saracen_W0QQitemZ230193346534QQihZ013QQcategoryZ69671QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I emailed the seller as it doesn't ring true. Stated to be NI Police of 50s & 60s. During the 1950s until 1969 for disorder situations the police used black WW2 type Tommy helmets with "RUC" painted in white at the front. In 1969 this changed to a cork motorcyclists type helmet in black with a small RUC emblem on the front.

He says that this helmet was only used in NI & he believes the marking to be genuine. Well was this helmet used anywhere else? I am certain it isn't RUC.

What may add to the belief is the blueness of it. But the RUC did not use blue, their uniforms were dark green & attempt to reform the colour to fit in with mainland police blue was successfully resisted. What clothing & accoutrement's were not dark green were black. This included the helmets & webbing that was dyed black.

Certainly not NI Clive, I saw this on ebay and thought no, I agree with Degsy, used in policing our Empire, in more sunny climes 8-)HF :-D

I'm sure there was a lot of blurb about it that he removed after I contacted him. But he is adamant that his basic claim is correct. I thought of reporting it but I think the message is that nobody has bid on it.

I thought that when you asked a question it got displayed. But is that an option the seller controls? Anyway its a shame that nonsense like this tries to enter the supply chain, like that silly grey Mk2 pig.

The grey pig, with the 3 bar early type ram......

The owner ' this is the later type of battering ram'

HF ' I thought this was the earlier type ram?'

Reply ' no definately later ram '

lost interest at this point. :|:|

HF :-D ;-) :-) cor these beat banana's :yay: :dancinggirls:

The grey pig, with the 3 bar early type ram......

The owner ' this is the later type of battering ram'

HF ' I thought this was the earlier type ram?'

Reply ' no definately later ram '

lost interest at this point. :|:|

Well he is completely wrong & you are right, aren't we! Where do these people come rom with this nonsense?

What next? Are you going to enquire about the 1950s Swiss made trainer that is not a water cannon that in fact is a water cannon used by the Germans in WW2? And there are now markings German markings to prove it.

• 2 weeks later...