Mystery Object No.66

fv1609

Scout car reconnaissance /GW Mk 2/6 (Daimler Ferret 4x4) with Vigilant anti tank Wire guided missiles??

Well done for taking the plunge everyone else seems chicken or hasn't got the foggiest. It is a Ferret & certainly has a close similarity to a 2/6 which I'm sure inspired it. But Vigilant boxes are bigger.

Go on tell me as it seems I'm the only one interested.

BAZ.

Ok well just for you ;-)

The lettering is nonsense, the missiles are also nonsense, this is a fantasy weapons system. You can see one missile droops a bit on one side.

It was dreamed up for a politically incorrect film "Les Patterson saves the world". Sir Les (Barry Humphries) as I recall lets off in the UN assembly in face of a gent from the Middle East, causes understandable offence & mayhem descends.

I managed to freeze frame the VCR to get the Ferret.

http://www.blockbuster.co.uk/dvd/les_patterson_saves_the_world/92161.htm

It was dreamed up for a politically incorrect film "Les Patterson saves the world". Sir Les (Barry Humphries) as I recall lets off in the UN assembly in face of a gent from the Middle East, causes understandable offence & mayhem descends.

Clive,

That would be an ex-Australian Army Ferret, a good friend of mine in Sydney, owned a Ferret, which I think was in the film, I know he was on set during the filming.

Sneeky one :evil:

Richard

Sneeky one :evil: Richard

Sneaky yes, evil not.

Imagine the satisfaction of someone who had twigged that the markings were bogus (& I did hint the clue that might give it all away are the vehicle markings), they would have then thought perhaps more of it was bogus, especially as the missiles looks like no known type.

Another sneaky one was the RN markings being changed around, but you spotted that getting virtually all of them. I'm sure you felt rightly chuffed that you had foiled the sneaky stuff.

I like to think that the participants are like officers of MI 10 presented with a photo. Scrutinising everything, assuming nothing, & teasing out facts & info from the irrelevant.

Did your friend get to meet Sir Les? A big fan here, I did see him in London once. He filled the void that Borat now occupies. :-D

I like to think that the participants are like officers of MI 10 presented with a photo. Scrutinising everything, assuming nothing, & teasing out facts & info from the irrelevant.

Did your friend get to meet Sir Les? A big fan here, I did see him in London once. He filled the void that Borat now occupies. :-D

Clive,

I quite enjoy these observation pictures.

I will try and find out a bit more about that film and the vehicles used, it was made in Sydney. Funnily enough the friend in question phoned me this morning.

Richard