Mystery Object No.57

fv1609

Something to do with Malkara perhaps? If the initials of the manufacturer are C.A.F., which it looks like, then Commonwealth Aircraft Factory, in Australia were involved with Malkara, were they not?

Of course, I may well be wrong and well off track :-D

Richard

Ah well my mistake was to post it at the weekend, should have done it on a weekday when you're not around (That is a compliment actually :-D)

Yes it is to do with Malkara. Close but it is actually GAF, Government Aircraft Factories

So what is it & what has it got to do with the Malkara project?

Ah well my mistake was to post it at the weekend, should have done it on a weekday when you're not around (That is a compliment actually :-D)

Yes it is to do with Malkara. Close but it is actually GAF, Government Aircraft Factories

So what is it & what has it got to do with the Malkara project?

Now I know why you are launching these Mystery Objects in the middle of the day now :-D

Reason I thought it was CAF, was because they built their version of the P51 Mustang in the late Forties, must have had a name change to Govt.

As to what is it for and why is it Cockpit Green, well it would only be a guess....................and I honestly cannot think of anything at present.

Richard

Something to do with Malkara perhaps? If the initials of the manufacturer are C.A.F., which it looks like, then Commonwealth Aircraft Factory, in Australia were involved with Malkara, were they not?

Of course, I may well be wrong and well off track :-D

Richard

Blimey - how on earth did you get that :schocked:

....I was just about to see that myself :-D

it is not a tail fin from a Malkara that failed to release from the launcher on firing, is it?

We had a REME officer who was attached to Mlakara unit and he related to me once how he saw this happen.

Richard

Nope

Wing?

Yes, well done.

The fins are small & fixed & at the rear. The wings are in the middle & their movement provides the means of steering. There are 4 fins & 4 wings. 2 of the wings are special & this is one of those but it has a problem. A solution to this was in fact an earlier mystery object!