All ready to go.

Markheliops

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having to rethink attendance, doing a shotgun course with ACF at Bisley in May 2008, will confirm ASAP.

Baz.

What detachment you with Barry?? I'm a PI with A-Company Warley Detachment Essex ACF

A little cracker from Snapper...

width=245 height=350http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/safariswing/set%202/c9ce89f0.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...

Yep - going to be the OT-90

Sorry for the late reply - Over the weekend I got hit by a flu bug - and thanks to the diminished immune system caused by the burns I've got the full effects. Since Saturday I've been laid up on the sofa, can't talk much or eat at all, can't move much and blood pressure has dropped so low that any movement leaves me thinking the worlds gone into warp drive. Gonna be like this for a week more at least :-(

I d guess your doing all the right things , staying warm not moving about too much drinking plenty of liquids and I don't mean alcoholic beverages while you might feel better it wont last an only dehydrates you more , have a bit of Fruit juice , again not the stuff thats comes marked red , white, or other colors in fancy french script. A good time to do a bit of reading or watch a dvd or two . Hope your feeling better soon

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone

I will start with some good news, we have the camp site. I got an email from Westdown yesterday confirming the booking. Land Marc has offered portaloos at a charge which we will be going with as they will work out cheaper in the long run. We have the whole of the center range to play in, this includes Greenlands camp which is an old farm with blown out buildings, bunkers, Grassland, woods and a new Iraqi compound. Plenty of places to park up and get some pictures of your vehicles. Also we have the Impact zone to drive around. The run will be longer than this year, just a suggestion bring so binos , some of the wreck are quite a way out.

Range use.............

We have been told that the ranges are going to be used by the Army on the same weekend as us but not too sure as yet which part they will be on. As we have a licence for next year we should get a schedule which tells everyone out that weekend hows where and with what. Those pesky ramblers are back again next year though they have not booked in. I have been asked if possible to park up at Rollestone camp for a few hours just to let them clear the area. This is where a cunning bit of planning comes into play. If we can we are going to try and get some modern vehicles to come over for those few hours to keep us occupied. At present we are talking to 22REG RE, 2RTR, 1MEC and 19 SIGS. I can not garantee any of the Regs will come but a few seem interested. I Will give you more info as I get it.

The Bustard will be fully stocked with drink and food for the weekend and the skittle alley is ready to go.

Side arms and weapons on vehicles.................

It will be a case of yes you can bring them and all vehicles can carry weapons but they must be covered up when asked by the Land wardens. Even though this is a training ground some of the public still don't like the thought of non-military personnel running around with weapons. I think the idea of weapons will give that real look to the pictures.If this changes I will let you all know ASAP.

Now for some bad news...................

Westdown have asked me for a club liability insurance, as we are not a club as such I'm not sure what they are talking about. I know if we were running a show we would need public liability insurance in place. As you are all aware, this weekend is just a get together for the HMVF forum and a few invited guests. If anyone can shed some light on this I would be very grateful? I will be contacting Bob at Westdown on Monday to find out exactly what he means. I will be informing him that all vehicles are road requested, MOTd and all have full driving licences, but not sure if this will be enough. When I first started this I never knew that so much went into organising such events. I take my hat off to all that do this sort of things year in year out. I will be attending a board meeting at Westdown on the 2nd of April. This is a gathering for all that will be using the ranges on that weekend. The Military will be there as will the ramblers, SCOA, so I will have more news then.

I know some of you may not like this but the next one we organise will be done with the plan to have a camp site off of the ranges. This will bugger up the use of the pub and skittle alley but we can get around that. We are already looking at a site 1 mile from the ranges. Again if anyone has any idea's as to what we could do to make this better then please feel free to put it forward.

This is going to be a good weekend, something different. If things should take a turn for the worst then we are going to have to look for an alternative camp site. Please don't think that this is the end, we don't lay down that easily. We will be doing this event by hook or crook. We have a few friends working behind the scenes at Westdown that can pull some strings.

So that's it thus far. like I said Bob will be getting a phone call on Monday to see what the hell he is on about ( CLUB LIABILITY INSURANCE ) :dunno:

Tony :-D :-D

Hi Tony,

As we all take our vehicles to shows we should have public liability insurance etc.and as long as we all bring our full licence and vehicle docs would that ease the problem.Must admit I,ve never been stopped and asked for docs with the 434 though :-D

Cheers

Dave

:dancinggirls:

So that's it thus far. like I said Bob will be getting a phone call on Monday to see what the hell he is on about ( CLUB LIABILITY INSURANCE ) :dunno:

Tony :-D :-D

If we do need PLI for the weekend try these guys they do policies for one-off events...

http://www.events-insurance.co.uk/services.php?service_id=6

Public Liability - Compulsory

Public Liability up to £5,000,000

4 consecutive days only - Total visitors are calculated on the total number of persons attending throughout the entire duration of the event.

Level Total Visitors £1m £2m £5m

1 Up to 100 £55.00 £80.00 £110.00

2 Up to 250 £75.00 £110.00 £150.00

3 Up to 500 £100.00 £150.00 £200.00

4 Up to 1,000 £150.00 £200.00 £250.00

5 Up to 2,500 £250.00 £300.00 £350.00

6 Up to 5,000 £350.00 £400.00 £450.00

7 Up to 10,000 £500.00 £550.00 £600.00

Employers Liability - Optional

4 consecutive days only

Up to 20 volunteers / helpers / employees £100.00

Event Property - Optional

4 consecutive days only per event, maximum single item value £2,000

Property cover up to Standard Premium

£2,500 £50.00

£5,000 £85.00

£7,500 £120.00

£10,000 £165.00

£15,000 £200.00

£20,000 £250.00

Hi Tony,

As we all take our vehicles to shows we should have public liability insurance etc.and as long as we all bring our full licence and vehicle docs would that ease the problem.Must admit I,ve never been stopped and asked for docs with the 434 though :-D

Cheers

Dave

:dancinggirls:

Don't forget your MV insurance doesn't include PLI... it only covers you while you are driving your vehicle... if someone falls of it while showing them around etc. you're not covered...

Lee you are a star mate. I will be getting intouch with these guys ASAP.

Dave like Lee has said I think the vehicle insurance will not cover us for the drive out not if some one should fall off any vehicles or trip over a tent peg. We are writing up a disclaimer to run with the insurance just in case some public turn up on the visit. As the area we are going to be driving is open to the public it will be inevitable that someone will turn up at some point. A big thankyou to all that have helped get this of the ground, with out you guys and gals this would not be possible. Let pray the weather stays warm and the beer stays cool. :tup: :tup:

Tony