I need something from you all

Mark

Question

NOW LEE

Do not go moving this to the wanted part of the forum :-D it's not that type of post!!!!

Right you lot I need something called ENTHUSIASM from you, I have come to an empath, :oops: impasse a crossroads in my jeep restoration, I have this "cannot be bothered to finish it" attitude which has been with me all summer.

The jeep is in the position of chassis is rolling, engine is rebuilt and in but not finished, and now I am stuck, not in the sense of not what to do but no ENTHUSIAM for carrying on and doing it.

Anyone help, any agony aunts out there with some rousing pep talk, or does someone want to come round and slap my face :whistle:

HELP PLEASE :dunno:

NOW LEE

Do not go moving this to the wanted part of the forum :-D it's not that type of post!!!!

Right you lot I need something called ENTHUSIASM from you, I have come to an empath, a crossroads in my jeep restoration, I have this "cannot be bothered to finish it" attitude which has been with me all summer.

The jeep is in the position of chassis is rolling, engine is rebuilt and in but not finished, and now I am stuck, not in the sense of not what to do but no ENTHUSIAM for carrying on and doing it.

Anyone help, any agony aunts out there with some rousing pep talk, or does someone want to come round and slap my face :whistle:

HELP PLEASE :dunno:

You mean an impasse: something you cannot get past? Shirley you cannot want somebody who can read your mind?

I'll swap you jeep for my bits + £200, howzabout that then!

Leave it, go and buy another MV thats in a worse state than the jeep, then start doing the dirty mucky bits to your new "project". When you start getting oily and mucky, you might want to get back to the clean jobs of the jeep......in theory anyway!

The sooner its finished... the sooner you can get a proper truck :evil:

was that the sort of thing you had in mind :whistle:

Just think of the wonderful feeling of blasting along the road in it...

the wind in your hair... eyes streaming... runny nose... bugs in the teeth...

I'm not helping am I :computerterror:

Why not try that old favourite - doing a few jobs around the house....a spot of decorating perhaps.....refit the bathroom.......start the Christmas shopping (sorry Neil , no offence)... You'll be so glad to get away from it all and back to the jeep that it will be a joy rather than a chore to get to work on it . :-D

You could always drop it off at mine and we'll finish off for you :-D :-D

Get some others involved with your project and you can give them the pleasure of driving it when it's finished, you'll be surprised at how many people would love to get the chance to help out with restoration of a classic old vehicle.

maybe put an ad in the local shop/paper!!!

I've got 5 who help me regularly with the GMC's and I buy the beers when we go out,It works

And finally just think how many others would love the chance to do what your doing,have fun with it!!!.

If all else fails watch this presentation it may inspire you http://www.theinterviewwithgod.com/

regards

Steve

I had the same thing halfway through the MUTT rebuild last winter when I'd got it stripped right down and thought "I can't be a£$@d to put this back together again". I seriously thought about putting it in a garage and getting on with more fun bigger stuff. I'm glad I finished it 'cos it's a proved to be a good antidote to the trucks.

So basically I second - GET ON WITH IT!

About January when the snow is down and it's about three zillion degrees below zero and Bertha's engine is back and I wander into Kewelde's workshop where the log fire is roaring and the chestnuts and mulled wine are simmering on the hob and I say "about this engine that we are going to refit in the cold of my drive" then you will realise just how lucky you are. Knock on my friend,Knock on and then come the W & P Show you can pull up next to anyone of us and say "hey guys, come look what I got" :schocked:

John.

most importantly it is not WWll :pfrt: as much as I would like one

Suspect this might be at the heart of the problem?

Certainly is in my case (Swiss Airforce CJ3A), but learning to get over it slowly. At least it is on the road and a great pleasure to drive. Only experts know it isn't wartime!!

What is yours if not wartime - Hotchkiss?

Mark - this is not a problem and you need to apply the 30 minute rule.

At times in my life when I have had to dig deep within sides oneself I used the '30 minute rule'. You would work on something for 30 minutes and then you would make the decision after 30 minutes if you were to do another 30 minutes. You never stop within the half hour - you keep going until the 30 minutes is up.

If you do this before you know it, 30 minutes becomes an hour and then an hour becomes two until two become a day and then a day becomes a week........

It has helped me through many 'hard' times - it works.