Charioteer Mk VII Model B # Ps.251-33 = 13.000 €

A34 Comet Mk I Model B # Ps.252-6 = 25.000 €

A34 Comet Mk I Model B # Ps.252-10 = 21.000 €

A34 Comet Mk I Model B # Ps.252-33 = 18.000 €

A34 Comet Mk I Model B # Ps.252-36 = 17.500 €

Sturmgeschütz 40 Ausf. G # Ps.531-27 = 125.000 €

Sturmgeschütz III Ausf. G # Ps.531-55 = 115.000 €

Sturmgeschütz III Ausf. G # Ps.531-58 = 185.000 €

I believe all but nine of the vehicles were sold to Finns.

Adrian

• 3 years later...

thanks for the post on the finnish charioteer prices adrian, it's good to know what ian paid for them originally, i'm not a 100% sure but i think i did the deal with ian on no. 251-3, i say not sure as i hadn't expected to be looking at the charitoteer it was the centaur i went down for so my mind was too busy weighing up whether i could afford both but ian sold me on the idea and it felt right so i went for it. i don't know maybe i'm getting soft and want an easy restoration instead of the range wrecks.

with regard to the serviceability of the engine and running gear i was told by ian that the engine turns over on the battery so you never know maybe i'll get lucky and she'll fire up without major surgery.

all the best

eddy

agripper

I would have either the Comet or charioteer both look nice, would not touch the stug never got the bug .

Yes the British stuff is more viable as a project and are full of character- the StuGs shown look as though the Pansar Museum has already picked over the carcase for any spare necessary to keep there own collection going.

If money was no object I would prefer to spend it restoring something like the wreck T28 that is in the Finnish collection.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

john it was a glorious day in more ways than one, bob and colin came down with me to check it over and everything looked ok. can i warn you now your name was mentioned once or twice :cool2:

steve how can i trace the history from the t number is it a simple case of a phone call or is there more to it than that.

cheers eddy

tanks 003.jpg

how can i trace the history from the t number is it a simple case of a phone call or is there more to it than that.

cheers eddy

Eddy, the Cromwell plate tells you it was built as a Cromwell VI (95mm) with an F type hull. The T number can be looked up at Bovington on the key cards and this will tell you it's post war number, engine number at the time of disposal, date and disposal disposition.

You can also get the Charioteer key card which will tell you it's reg number as a Charioteer and its fate.

Any other info will have to be gleaned from photographs or lists of vehicles. The individual record cards do not exist anymore.

Steve, the plate in my tank had the word Cromwell ground out but had no overstampings. Eddies plate is unusual in having no makers number or date and I suspect it is a replacement.

I've seen Comet plates that had the T number machined out and the ZR number stamped in place but the Cromwells don't seem to have had this happen. Mind you, the representative samples I have seen are quite small in number!

thanks for the info adrian, i did think that it was strange that the makers no. and date weren't on stamped on it, sounds like i bought a ringer :D with regard to the T number do i physically have to go to bovy to look it up or can i phone someone and if so what is their number.

the pics below show the drivers compartment and the engine compartment with missing starter motor

cheers

eddy

tanks 006.jpg

tanks 005.jpg