Storage for a halftrack in South Lincolnshire

Anyone know of a farm or storage unit that can take a Halftrack and maybe help unload from a Flatbed? I’ve got one coming but just been told the truck doesn’t have a crane or hyab and I’ll need to unload it. I was going to put it on my drive but I don’t know how I can get a crane and a truck on to the drive with space to move.

TIA

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve not got it yet, it should be arriving sometime soon. I just need to unload it once it’s here which isn’t proving too easy. It’s going to be on a tautliner so I think it’s going to need a crane.

Its an M3 but it comes with M16 armour (not M16A1) so I’ll likely rebuild it as an M16. 

ive found a caravan storage yard which is about a 5 minute walk from my house which is really handy. The chap there has given me a bit of hard standing behind a caravan which he can’t use but there’s still enough space to get parts past. When it arrives I’ll take some photos and then it will be the long task of collecting parts while I finish the GPW.

Thanks for that, I need the seller to let me know how it’s arriving really. He thinks it’s a curtain sider and I’ve a feeling it’s piggy backing onto another delivery from Holland to the UK. Ideally I would have liked a flat bed with a suitable hiab but that’s looking unlikely.

On the bright side I have located a storage plot about a 5 minute walk from my house. It’s caravan storage but the owner has a bit of hard standing he can’t use so I’ve got it. Pretty happy at it being so close to home.

That’s the one, it’s got most parts with it except for the rear bed, track armour and side armour. It has some M16 armour and the rest of the side armour I can get repro. I’ve got leads on 2 original M16 floors, I’m picking up a 10” and 6” Maxon adapter ring in Feb 21, I can get a Maxon M45 mount from France, I have the M2HBs already, the track armour is similar to the M3 so I may buy repro and adapt.

my idea is to finish the 42 GPW whilst buying parts for the Halftrack as and when I can. I don’t know the state of the engine yet so haven’t decided if I should rebuild or buy a surplus french rebuild.

it will be a long, long resto.

22 hours ago, Chris Hall said:

That’s the one, it’s got most parts with it except for the rear bed, track armour and side armour. It has some M16 armour and the rest of the side armour I can get repro. I’ve got leads on 2 original M16 floors, I’m picking up a 10” and 6” Maxon adapter ring in Feb 21, I can get a Maxon M45 mount from France, I have the M2HBs already, the track armour is similar to the M3 so I may buy repro and adapt.

my idea is to finish the 42 GPW whilst buying parts for the Halftrack as and when I can. I don’t know the state of the engine yet so haven’t decided if I should rebuild or buy a surplus french rebuild.

it will be a long, long resto.

when you get into the finishing parts I have grenades boxes and flare boxes plus tombstone can holders which you will need for the inside and you can make a copy from.
I’ve just sold my maxson quad and guns to a mate and I know the quads yours on about in France if you need help with fixing yours when you get it give me a email, they are quite complicated units.

Thanks for that, you may regret the offer of assistance.

I think I’ve got a floor sorted, it’s missing some of the hinged covers but there’s enough there to copy those and fit in the gaps. I’d have to see if someone makes repro hinges but I’m hoping they are the same as the M3.