Fordson WOT 6 X Type Machinery

KevinT

I am looking for information of the type and layout of machinery used on the WOT 6.

I am working on ICM's 1/35th scale model with the Resicast X type Machinery update set. Having searched the internet for photos showing machinery, layout and wiring I am at a loss as there are very few on-line photos or data pages that are of any use. Attached is my attempt to correct the Resicast GS body for the WOT 6.

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated. 

IMG_1621.JPG

The model is looking good.

A little info on W.O.T. 6 machinery trucks which might assist

Post war ERM's were in approx ranges of  24YX87 to 42YX79. WWII census numbers included 5498212, 5940058, 5498341, 5525374, 5498754.

They were fitted with lathes manufactured by Harrison, Regal, LaBlond, Denham, Bentley, Keighley and maybe others.

Specifications and equipment varied, but often included a engine valve grinder, some made by Wolf, a bench drill some made by Grimstone.  And a generating set. And a good selection of hand tools stored in slide out drawers.

B series

Hi Kevin,

The 'X' type Machinery body had the following equipment;

Generator engine driven 5kw 110v DC - Board, battery charging -Lathe 7 inch centre - M/c drilling bench 5/8" - M/c's 2 Drilling, portable -  Mc's Grinding, bench and toolpost  - M/c Hacksaw - Plant welding and cutting, oxy-acetylene.

The WOT6 Machy wagon that I worked on some years ago appeared to have been a Type X as it had the stowage for the gas bottles and you could see where the bench grinder was fitted. The bench and drawers were still in it, I might have some photos of the inside, not restored, but without the kit.

Richard

Hi Richard and B Series,

The Resicast update set provides all of these with the exception of any hand tools or welding equipment although I do have additional sets covering these items. The only piece only machinery with a name on it is the bench drill by AJAX. The instructions include a small diagram of the layout, I have managed to find a larger clearer image, attached.

Richard any additional pictures will be a great help, thank you. All I need know is to know how the machinery was cabled up.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Kevin

Fordson WOT 6 2.JPG