First registration and MOT of MAN HX60 18.330 4x4

Hi,

I am considering buying a ex MOD, MAN HX60 18.330 4x4 and am wondering if somebody has successfully managed to get one of these through the MOT with a view to registering as a Private Heavy Goods Vehicle (not for commercial use).

What preparation was necessary to the vehicle to get it conformant with regs to pass the MOT, eg. side guard protection fitting, etc?

Many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There is a 1977 MAN on Milweb advertised as Tax and mot exempt, how can that be, its not special in any way with rear troop seats ?

I suspect they intend to make an exemption declaration. Maybe confusion with rolling exemption for light vehicles...

• 1 year later...
On 7/14/2020 at 2:42 PM, persil71 said:

Hi,

I am considering buying a ex MOD, MAN HX60 18.330 4x4 and am wondering if somebody has successfully managed to get one of these through the MOT with a view to registering as a Private Heavy Goods Vehicle (not for commercial use).

What preparation was necessary to the vehicle to get it conformant with regs to pass the MOT, eg. side guard protection fitting, etc?

Many thanks.

Hi, Im wondering if you purchased the MAN HX60 ? If you did what was the exprience like  ? 

Thanks 

Dave