EX ADF Series 2a 109 (WOFTAM)

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally got it in the shed....definately not a lightweight 

Dashes are odd.. hand throttle... twin fuel tanks.  Funny they didnt just fit standard UK army fittings.  Its got tool mounts on the wings with an additional axe mount.

i cannot see how a heater was fitted

20200727_184542.jpg

20200727_191314.jpg

20200727_193243.jpg

20200727_193251.jpg

20200727_193401.jpg

20200727_203540.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 10/2/2020 at 2:57 AM, Ex-boy said:

I thought that looks very big for 9 feet by 6 feet, but of course you Aussies have very sensibly gone fully metric. I hope we catch up with you soon.

Steve.

i cant wait to get it up...... i might paint the trusses RAEME colours

Low slope pitch  but you don't get snow ?

Roof truss seems very slight for such a clear span , purlins seem ample.  Are the stanchions actually cast into the concrete floor slab or bolted down. Did they wobble with the sheeting removed. ? 

Must be a Oz. common build ?

8 hours ago, ruxy said:

Low slope pitch  but you don't get snow ?

Roof truss seems very slight for such a clear span , purlins seem ample.  Are the stanchions actually cast into the concrete floor slab or bolted down. Did they wobble with the sheeting removed. ? 

Must be a Oz. common build ?

What's snow?

Yep I thought the roof trusses look light but its not a home build its a shed suppliers method.  The uprights are 25x25mm and the trusses slot in at the top.

With all the purlins it was pretty rigid, the flimsiest part was the door structure.

4 hours ago, Zuffen said:

Apply to the Council of the Shire the shed came from as they should have plans on file from when it was built.

The other way is just build it and don't tell them!.

Tried to get the old drawings but need the previous owners permission, which is becoming a drag.  The drawings regardless have to be approved by a structural engineer (more cash)

They monitor your house with drones and google earth and send you a letter every time you have an impure thought

6 hours ago, fesm_ndt said:

What's snow?

Yep I thought the roof trusses look light but its not a home build its a shed suppliers method.  The uprights are 25x25mm and the trusses slot in at the top.

With all the purlins it was pretty rigid, the flimsiest part was the door structure.

Is  "sheddist" the term for persons with a healthy interest in such matters  ?

I have seen very similar , in fact almost identical construction of car-ports using  in the main 25 x 25 hollow box section (and have in mind a project).  I had expected a strong wind to just carry it off but with open sides it just escaped !

I jumped from  7' x 14'  sectional timber garage where the single truss is hardly  any stuff. to  15' x 24'  (40 yard square) ,  the timber £ for trusses goes through the roof  !

I think in UK   40 yard square must still be max. area for a "temporary" provided within curtilage , not in front of 'building-line' facing a main highway and abt. 15 feet min. from the dwelling.    Beyond the 40 yards squared  - then you are into all the permissions.

I still have a vague memory of trusses & working out what was a strut or tie,  use of beams/RSJ's on a simple span - moment of inertia & you got into trouble with lack of own stability beyond 28 feet.

Snow in Freemantle - that would be interesting , the last time I was there was 1970.  I remember late evening - lost on the outskirts , under a covered walkway , then a dust-cloud came down the street - it was just like a Wild West movie.  The only other thing I recall was admiring the architecture of Freemantle & Perth railway stations..

1 hour ago, ruxy said:

Snow in Freemantle - that would be interesting , the last time I was there was 1970.  I remember late evening - lost on the outskirts , under a covered walkway , then a dust-cloud came down the street - it was just like a Wild West movie.  The only other thing I recall was admiring the architecture of Freemantle & Perth railway stations..

yep i seen Snow once in Australia when i was around 7 years old in Bathurst, NSW.  Typically here Santa brings cold beer and salad.

Yep much of the old architecture we can credit to the UK working class ie the convicts 😁

4 hours ago, fesm_ndt said:

yep i seen Snow once in Australia when i was around 7 years old in Bathurst, NSW.  Typically here Santa brings cold beer and salad.

Yep much of the old architecture we can credit to the UK working class ie the convicts 😁

My sister married an Aussie whose brother was a ski instructor in the Snowy Mountains. It does exist in Australia.