CVR(T) FV103 Spartan

I would have thought the 3 lights are green for neutral , yellow for over revving, and red for fire indicator. Some of the earlier CVRT engines had a plastic tube around the engine which was pressurised with air and when the engine caught on fire, the tube would melt and the red light would come on telling you that,  you had an engine fire! If the air pressure is low the light will come on , with no fire. Later models did away with the air pressure idea, I guess that is what maybe happening ? Cheers.

12 hours ago, andym said:

What does the manual say?  😉

Andy

Well i've got a decent amount of paperwork for my Spartan but i still lack a true in depth vehicle manual. Do you know where i can find one? i found one for a Shielder and it is wonderfully packed with all sorts of useful information but i have yet to find one like that for my Spartan

17 hours ago, Andrew Rowe said:

I would have thought the 3 lights are green for neutral , yellow for over revving, and red for fire indicator. Some of the earlier CVRT engines had a plastic tube around the engine which was pressurised with air and when the engine caught on fire, the tube would melt and the red light would come on telling you that,  you had an engine fire! If the air pressure is low the light will come on , with no fire. Later models did away with the air pressure idea, I guess that is what maybe happening ? Cheers.

I am very appreciative of your help. Many thanks!

8 hours ago, TheAmericanPatriot said:

Well i've got a decent amount of paperwork for my Spartan but i still lack a true in depth vehicle manual. Do you know where i can find one? i found one for a Shielder and it is wonderfully packed with all sorts of useful information but i have yet to find one like that for my Spartan

There are people on this forum better qualified than me (I'm an FV430 man) but I think you need the Scorpion User Manual, Army Code 60960.  The title is misleading as it's actually CVR(T) in general and there's a Spartan-specific supplement at the end.

Andy

10 hours ago, TheAmericanPatriot said:

From your photo I can se me you have a diesel, therefore you need the common items and Spartan supplement from here:

https://www.greenmachinesurplus.com/cvrtd-219-c.asp