Steve willys

Indian 741b tyre pump

I have one on mine. Must admit I haven't really looked at it for a long time. Ron

741B 043.JPG

Thanks for the picture Ron

i can’t find any info on who it was made by, if it was brass or the length

regards Steve

OK Steve I'm trying to find out. I'm told so far that Indian had the spring clips and Harley had the wing nut clips. If that's the case, then mine are wrong.  Ron 

Yes, there's 2 lenghts, and 3 types of clips, complicated! 

Below the 16" pump, the tall one.

Will see if I can find out about the clips.

Cheers,

Lex

16 inch pump.jpg

Here 2 pictures from the Model 640 manuals, seems the shorter pump was used here, but definetly spring clips, cannot find anything on the other type of spring clips. Also a scan of Bruce Palmers Harley book, about the pumps.

Lex

IMG_6970.jpg

053.jpg

181 page.jpg

Thanks for that Lex. It's quite a coincidence really, as I started to rearrange a couple of bikes in the "museum" on Friday and have just put my 741 in the workshop for a couple of small jobs.

I bought my tyre pump well over 20 years which was sold to me as correct for my 741? I thought I remembered that it was brass, which I've just confirmed with a magnet. (Apart from the end foot steady which is steel). It measures 14 1/2" overall and is shown in my photocopy parts list with part number 28W125X. .........But I definitely seem to have the Harley wing nut clips, which I'll correct some time. Ron 

Scan_20200705.jpg

DSCF3048.jpg

DSCF3050.jpg

DSCF3051.jpg

You can try these guys, the owner has passed away, but his family is still selling stuff I think;

http://www.wardepartment.co.uk/parts-spares/

If anyone is in need of an original late 741 horn face, I have one, the non script one, like Ron's above here, 80 pounds, plus postage at cost from Holland.

Cheers,

Lex

IMG_5813.jpg

IMG_5814.jpg

I've heard from several people that there is no response from "War department" website. I think Keiran's son took over when he died. I see him jumbling at Kempton, but don't think he's actually trading??? Ron

The website is still active but I have been unable to get a reply to emails or calls .I was unfortunately not aware.the.owner had died

Jenkinov..

No response for several years as far as I know Jenk. All I've seen in a long time is some jumble stuff at Kempton.

I know a few guys who have tried to buy a repro WD/C center stand listed on the site. I've no idea what happened to Keiran's stock, but someone ought to shut the site down really. Ron