WW1 Riker information and parts needed

alsfarms

I am looking for any information relating to Riker trucks that were used during WW1 by countries other than the USA.  I would like to network and learn more about the Riker make and the type of work it was assigned to do as well as the numbers of trucks used during the war.  I will attach a picture that shows a Riker "Mess" truck heading over seas for duty.

Al 

p.jpg

Edited by alsfarms
update
  • Like 4

Are you aware of this archive in America? 

Documents in the archive include US patents, a number of individual truck specifications and WW1 photos. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.kcstudio.com/riker.html&ved=2ahUKEwiNo-XTmLTqAhW8TxUIHegTBCYQFjANegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0B1fLzMd1ydoPPP4TIIjHX&cshid=1593886246120

Edited by MatchFuzee

Hello, nice reference material regarding Riker.  Does that archive also include information on later Riker developments that would speak about Riker drive train on the trucks? It would be nice to see documentation on the similarities of the engine and transmission of the Riker Trucks and the Locomobile automobiles.

Al

Anyone that would like to study "Riker" should contact the Bridgeport Public Library.  They are most helpful and are helping me with a current information need I have.  I can share a phone number for a direct conversation with the "Historical" area of the library.

Al

• 3 weeks later...

Here are three schematics of the Riker/Locomobile transmission that I am looking for to go with the engine assembly I will also show here.   In need of other Riker items also.  Help me if you can with either your spare parts or reference to someone who may have some extra pieces.  Thanks in advance.

Al

ACtC-3deyEFbx27lpSrKfJFsw8iP8B-QAIxHO_aHYJoQApmR0GOIZtER3RiH-XSYAVAyh0iwjX3WDBQcEkHlso16EOhTvXRW0eP0uaT9ZxbL87r_oO5WqrNF8FjW06H68QjAn-GMNZ6Zvv6PNj8go71Bzhpb=w1214-h910-no.jpg

ACtC-3eMeFMOA3Knn0iVNXiFdcjnL5CrO94IiAldGL-XC_fw8zpo6uLUFW7_6F72lFeJRaVwjuEcvXNgbkURwOIsVH6ThqbC2XP5WoFxikYkpUA_RAl4tNFqOt83AOGAWExOpEBI7Kx9gBTXsovmRSyEoO7F=w683-h910-no.jpg

ACtC-3fNJDfhmnKvq_wJlbUAIr9EUenRHOKHidaz4N9r_i5SYKjzu2KyG1A1aUVR0JQ8ZYun_4kFP1WGJyfcaegR0spEifdsx2xtHNrAtl7KOHFcbzsArocFBJKCDhmtUG3NnWiDj5aUAFAdsd-g7Vadvu9K=w1214-h910-no.jpg

ACtC-3cP-5GcBNqGcA2j7AaCAnVXb-SCDvFJJYwSMk8HMMrfur2fe031RcINH2A1qmFxmxIXlPPHI_4OO_z-5OcMzQO-sfelVR24BAtPdcN_vonQ0ok_JciCuzOL-NT3Gj29tXkl5kFbwNlRO48wlLIobBBm=w640-h480-no.jpg

ACtC-3crHteyG3pt-Q0E3cB1IKORcg6Hh__EmB6Vj00tpccvKLTirqJ1peNlVD6QLHs0B7KyO2DlzTDhe2Wc39Rpo56xii1nzykX0DAnCIlI5S4cMdvbkOTXjYGYzNIrnklfU8vt_mjOBg87lK7LuWyCBhWy=w1024-h768-no.jpg

ACtC-3dqbM3rZ_yWRHAMS4UgyOQtGKE2QnWf2mp4MhgpY_H8FVS_b_elU0oeFE2caeP5BTEDfjjWtdbNuiDHF34tJQTPS-W_NYDOEqLVDY-boxswhcbpSeOmezhuIcW7aSXtRy_6xV3PsIv6aYOw6T083Pkn=w683-h910-no.jpg

Edited by alsfarms
clarity of thought

Does anyone here know of the Riker truck shown in the picture below?  The picture was shared with me on the "Just Old Trucks" forum.  This Riker is from the Archie Crippen estate auction dated 2009 in Fresno California.  Any information is appreciated.

Al

http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/uploads/images/412312fd-69ea-423d-8530-a37a.jpg