1949 pattern Battledress Blouse

slick50

Please has anyone got a Battledress Blouse 1949 pattern in good condition...not sure which size I need but I'm 6'3 with 38 inch waist and 44 " chest.

Thanks in advance....not sure if there is a wanted section this should be in .

• 2 weeks later...

I have just bought one off ebay for myself, I found there are plenty on there to choose from and plenty of varying sizes. I would say that buying the battledress Blouse is fine but finding battledress trousers is another matter, they seem to be thin on the ground.

3 hours ago, Scotch Harry said:

Just dug out a mint pair of trs(no blouses as yet) 

SIZE 11
HEIGHT 5 FOOT 9 TO 5 FOOT 10
WAIST 33 TO 34
SEAT 39 TO 40
LEG 32 1/2

Thanks for that...they will be too small for me I'm afraid,as I say I'm 6ft3...much appreciated anyway.

The Battledress Blouse I bought arrived today, superb condition. 49 pattern date stamped 1951.

I collect Royal Navy Uniform usually but wanted a battledress that fits me for some choice when we do events.

Trousers, shirt/tie and a beret/sidecap next on the list.

• 2 weeks later...

Slick 50, you need a 15, or better, an 18........the latter was the largest standard one made....BD was grouped together in 3 widths per-height, eg: 1 - 3, 4 - 6, etc.......the widths being basically narrow, medium and wide.........see the attached chart for info....

005.jpg