ex-Falklands LWB Landie!

Well, he SAYS its ex-FI. It certainly looks the part in all its scabrous glory!  £3500 on FaceAche Marketplace, in Kent, although there is no V5c and one wonders what the underpinnings look like.  Gawd its so UGLY, I love it.  Would be a shame to restore it - shoot it?  Bury it with honours? 

93224571_224777422294835_270376562174459904_n.jpg

• Like 1

It could be ex Falklands but that could mean a lot of things. It could be ex FI defence force, ex Falklands war, ex post war or any other multitude. When I was down there the Land Rovers stayed there until they died and they they were stripped for spares. Biggest problem were doors, I almost fell out of the drivers side when at 20mph the door opened and I almost hit a tanker. After that I wrapped the seat belt around the door handle.

On 6/24/2020 at 10:38 AM, matchlesswdg3 said:

Well, he SAYS its ex-FI. It certainly looks the part in all its scabrous glory!  £3500 on FaceAche Marketplace, in Kent, although there is no V5c and one wonders what the underpinnings look like.  Gawd its so UGLY, I love it.  Would be a shame to restore it - shoot it?  Bury it with honours? 

93224571_224777422294835_270376562174459904_n.jpg

Well that looks like a good untouched Series III. It has just stood outside a got faded. But I like the overall look, and the fact that it is fitted with the correct period Xtra grip tyres means it has maybe not done many miles since disposal. Bumper is straight, never seen that on a ex Falklands Land Rover. Even the front number plate bracket is not bent, to good to be true. The hood is FFR spec, but that does not say much. Based on this photo, I would go for it.