STOLEN STEAM LORRY

Foden7536

Sorry to have to share this, a friend has had his Scania curtain side lorry stolen last night. In the back was his Clayton Steam Lorry. Please can people keep an eye out, and also be aware of this theft, it’s certainly making me think about the security of our vehicles.

D3355F8B-73D1-4A07-8214-5C431341DCC0.jpeg

857FA3A9-562E-4252-9430-665D43DE1148.jpeg

2 hours ago, Foden7536 said:

Sorry to have to share this, a friend has had his Scania curtain side lorry stolen last night. In the back was his Clayton Steam Lorry. Please can people keep an eye out, and also be aware of this theft, it’s certainly making me think about the security of our vehicles.

D3355F8B-73D1-4A07-8214-5C431341DCC0.jpeg

857FA3A9-562E-4252-9430-665D43DE1148.jpeg

You just can't under estimate how low people will go to make money. This is appalling behaviour but alas not uncommon these days.

Lets just hope it is found soon and still in one piece.

Kevin

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

From what I have been told the lorry and it’s contents have been found, Apparently in a layby and no damage to the cargo. Police are there and hopefully they may catch the scum who did this.

But, I’ve taken it as a wake up call for the security of my stuff! 

• Like 6
  • Up 1

21 hours ago, Foden7536 said:

From what I have been told the lorry and it’s contents have been found, Apparently in a layby and no damage to the cargo.

I was hoping (and rather expecting) that that would happen. 
If they are in the truck-stealing game then they are likely to know that there is no way to sell a steam wagon without it being recognised, and it makes most sense to abandon it and run.