warcop churchill,s

tack9/12l

so  I was up at warcop last week doing a range recce and to my surprise one of the ranges im running had these as hard targets I of course had to check the area (well that's my excuse ) unfortunately even my landrover wasn't to happy going x country (lots of fairly deep ruts overgrown with grass )so I tried to zoom in using my phone  thease are the results  im more pissed that im running a range in july shooting at them IMG_20200608_101036-vi.jpgIMG_20200608_101220-vi.jpgIMG_20200608_101225-vi.jpg the last even has a turret and what looks like a gun but maybe just a pipe shoved in there 

Fire, miss , Fire, miss, Fire, miss.

you lot are shit!!

over the back of Warcop are some Cromwell parts I found which Eddy8men went and confirmed. The farmers tractor regularly goes up there so they’re accessible but it’s the permission in this day and age that’s difficult to obtain. The DSA just put stupid values on things and are totally disorganised to say the least. They have their preferred buyers who they’ll bend over backwards for but anyone else is second rate. And once they know about something they are likely to offer it to that preferred buyer than let you, the notifier purchase it at it’s true value.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

so was up to d15a fmx range at warcop on Monday and walked up to the Churchills as part of my range recce (well that's my excuse )2v2aQrruCxBfL5g.jpg

2v2aQrrDdxBfL5g.jpg

2v2aQrrQFxBfL5g.jpg

2v2aQrjaSxBfL5g.jpg

2v2aQrjsSxBfL5g.jpg

2v2aQrjqnxBfL5g.jpg

2v2aQr8uGxBfL5g.jpg

2v2aQr8fyxBfL5g.jpg

2v2aQr8SFxBfL5g.jpg

I'm no Churchill expert but even i know a crocodile when i see one ill leave the identification up to you guys

ive got to pop up again later this month and im using this range in sept 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tack9/12l said:

I'm no Churchill expert but even i know a crocodile when i see one ill leave the identification up to you guys

However, they are not crocodiles, just standard Churchill VII's. The hull mount is for BESA mg.

Edited by Adrian Barrell
  • Like 1

cheers adrian barrell i didnt look properly while i was there(was down range and although flags green there was a sniper shooting off to my right as i could heer crack and thump as it passed of to my right so didnt hang about just in case ) on looking at the photo its upside down so looks a bit like the flame thrower 

regards 

mark

15 hours ago, tack9/12l said:

cheers adrian barrell i didnt look properly while i was there(was down range and although flags green there was a sniper shooting off to my right as i could heer crack and thump as it passed of to my right so didnt hang about just in case ) on looking at the photo its upside down so looks a bit like the flame thrower 

regards 

mark

Sounds like a quick call to the range supervisor was in order to prevent a potentially lethal accident?

Andy