Volkswagen 82 Help please

senschu

Morning
As a new person ( to 82s)  I am trying to learn about the vehicle hence this forum
From the experience and expertise here could you tell me perhaps as a top ten of things to identify a genuine wartime manufactured Kubelwagen.
Such as identifying a wartime engine from post war
Wartime chassis and floor as opposed to post war Beetle
How to identify wartime bodywork from repro
Dash board
Axles
Any help much appreciated as I look at adverts and very difficult to judge and 70/80,000 euros for a post war chassis,body and engine is pointless 
Thank you
With photos if possible

On 5/26/2020 at 6:56 AM, senschu said:

Morning
As a new person ( to 82s)  I am trying to learn about the vehicle hence this forum
From the experience and expertise here could you tell me perhaps as a top ten of things to identify a genuine wartime manufactured Kubelwagen.
Such as identifying a wartime engine from post war
Wartime chassis and floor as opposed to post war Beetle
How to identify wartime bodywork from repro
Dash board
Axles
Any help much appreciated as I look at adverts and very difficult to judge and 70/80,000 euros for a post war chassis,body and engine is pointless 
Thank you
With photos if possible

Why not but 1-2 Good books

• 8 months later...

Hello did you get anywhere with your 82E , there was a guy called Shuki , German guy, who specializes in Kuble parts and I think another German company called Ebling, I was after a 1944 82E years ago but the guy selling kept moving the goal posts. It may be worth going on the Samba.com it's a VW site that's very helpful, when I was after info there didn't seem much around that covered the wartime Beetles  

• 4 weeks later...