Hello Everyone,

I have viewed the forum for quite a while now as a guest but have now took the opportunity to join and hopefully have an input.

I have been restoring vehicles now for a number of years and focus mainly on Commer and Hillman models but appreciate and follow many other manufacturers.

I have a keen interest in military history, we attend many 1940s events as a family and as a hobby I collect wartime Royal Navy uniforms. My son who is a primary school also has taken a keen interest so of course I plan to nurture this, his preference would be to restore a tank or half track though!

I have a few interesting vehicles in my collection but would like to expand that at some point to having a military Commer or Hillman.

Of main interest to the forum would be the 1937 Hillman 80 limousine that I have, this is the type used by Whitehall throughout the war and used by figures such as Neville Chamberlain. I also have a 1947 Hillman Minx Phase 1, this is the 1940 model that was reintroduced into production after the war. Many were used as staff cars. Lastly I have a 1937 Ford 10hp that was originally owned by a chap who served in the RAF.

I look forward to being part of such a interesting group.

Kevin.

• Like 1

This is our 1937 Hillman 80. She is an enclosed drive limousine, has the wind down division and occasional seats. These were mainly used by Whitehall and the services during the war.

She has been used in many films and we have ferried round dignitaries at WW2 events. She is totally original and she will be kept that way.

48908667611_4b429e0cec_k.jpg

Kevin.

• Like 1