Help with Minx

m606paz

Hi Boys,I need your help .
Always in mind with having a British car from the Second World War.

My favorite is Tilly, but here in my country there never was.

If post-war cars like the Hillman Minx arrived.

I want to know what differences there are between this car that I found here in Argentina and those manufactured during WW2. Were there many changes?

Can the steering column be moved from the right side? Is it easy or does it require many modifications?

Thanks in advance!

d4d9305c-9d35-49da-819b-c3d54152c0b7.jpg

29c80c62-a5e9-4ad0-88a4-3a71b0490690.jpg

5548b2fb-6e3e-4b06-be09-e8afbb7b9215.jpg

64221bff-1fe3-4341-9c3b-0ae3b2ea830e.jpg

• Like 1

I cannot answer any of your questions but that is a very nice little car, my dad had one when I was a very young lad, his was in the usual black with a maroon interior, the green and tan looks very nice.

• Like 1

A 10 hp Hillman supplied during ww2 would not have that type of small lights on the front mudguards and no light on the rear quarter. They would originally have had semaphore signals I think and mechanical brakes. If you look on the firewall you should be able to see the blanks covering the holes for the steering colume and pedals for the right hand drive version. 

• Like 1

I'm still investigating how to move the steering column box to the right side.

I share a photo of a Minx LHD found here, and Minx RHD that belongs to a forum member.

Another question is the clutch bell housing and lever. 

Some will have photos of the bellhousing

Thanks in advance!

Hillman LHD.jpg

Hillman RHD.jpg

Edited by m606paz

Thanks David!

I am away from the vehicles to confirm certain information(quarentine), so I ask you, maybe some owner of minx is so kind to confirm the information.

Yes the Steering Box it's not exchangeable

Column.jpg

I am a new member to the forum. We have a 1947 Hillman Minx, the phase 1 model introduced in 39/40.

If you need any advice or photos etc let me know if I can help. I also have quite a large library of manuals etc that I can copy.

Kevin.

• Like 1

Kevin

Thanks for your help.
If your Minx is disassembly, I will appreciate photos of the steering column, bellhousing, firewall , Clutch and Brake Pedals and shafth. All the pieces that I will need to move to the right side.

Thanks in advance!

On 5/21/2020 at 3:57 PM, m606paz said:

Thank you Zuffen!

Parts manual show a bellhousing with left and right Square Hole for change position lever?

Anyone can confirm this?

Hillman Clutch.jpg

Hi, I have just checked under my Minx and can confirm that the square cut out is on both sides of the bell housing.

Kevin.

• Like 2

Thank you Kevin!
Your confirmation is welcome.
This would make it easier to change the position of the steering column and pedal shaft on the right side.
I think the problem is getting a right steering column or the possibility of adapting the left stering column on the right side.