What new skill did I learn during lock down

Surveyor

I am surprised no one else put this up.

Being honest as stated on many forums I am a mechanical idiot and any information is a great help

I have learned to solder today. Yes most of you will say so what but for a Building Surveyor who has never looked at restoring or working with vehicles its on my YIPPEEE list, the simple things make me happy such as, yes changing oil and filters, but we need to learn from some point.

Richard

p.s. wish pubs were open LoL

Next step up is silver solder, one of the most satisfying means of joining metal.

I started re-teaching myself mig welding, I have not done any for years. It started badly with snot everywhere  but after deciding to rebuild the gun with some new parts and supporting the end of the knackered cable where it goes into the gun ( should replace that too)

I found myself sticking metal together very happily! spending a day welding and grinding.... probably best to have a day off from it so as not to annoy the meighbours, still on furlough so back too it Monday!